• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft - Round 1

This guy’s age was always going to make a second contract a sticking point. I guess the fifth year option gives you some leverage down the line with that? 

Is that worth paying to forfeit the strongest card you had to play in this draft which is the benefit of information between the first and the second. You had between now and tomorrow to evaluate the board and let someone else make an offer to overreach for someone they’re in love with. And you don’t have to take it! But at least field the deals. 

Saw a graphic posted earlier this week that 25 percent of first round receivers sign second contracts (no matter how much you love and root for them, believe it or not). That’s the gamble we paid for. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

Blown away by the 49ers knowing their WRs & watching again as the Panthers show they have no clue on how to pick WRs.

Marshall, Mingo & Legette... tired of this nonsense. None of them pair well with Young's game style. Clearly Fitterer rubbed off on Morgan. You don't trade up for these WRs. You trade down to gain draft capital & take these projects if they are still there. Hope I'm wrong like I hoped with Marshall & Mingo.

Completely agree, I hate the pick.  Bryce’s 10 yard bombs don’t pair well.  Leggette had one good season and four others where no one knew who he was.  We desperately need safety blankets for BY9 and I think Ladd would have been a better fit for that reason.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jacabee said:

This guy’s age was always going to make a second contract a sticking point. I guess the fifth year option gives you some leverage down the line with that? 

Is that worth paying to forfeit the strongest card you had to play in this draft which is the benefit of information between the first and the second. You had between now and tomorrow to evaluate the board and let someone else make an offer to overreach for someone they’re in love with. And you don’t have to take it! But at least field the deals. 

Saw a graphic posted earlier this week that 25 percent of first round receivers sign second contracts (no matter how much you love and root for them, believe it or not). That’s the gamble we paid for. 

This is the best post in this thread. 

6 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

History has proven the Panthers front office know more than the Bills... oh wait nvm

Bills have actually drafted very badly aside from lucking into Josh Allen..its why they are in the position they are in

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Steves89 said:

I love his hands and catch radius, but watching him run reminds me of Ian Thomas. dude is not light on his feet.

A guy who runs a 4.39 forty reminds you of Ian Thomas?

I've read enough tonight. SMH

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1