• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day 2: Look Ahead/Targets

Who do y'all got? Some rumblings...

• If we stay put at 39, I can see us going the DB Tampa/Sainistril or LB Colson/Cooper/Wilson routes.  Maybe Marshawn Kneeland at EDGE. 
  • Both JPC and Frazier are still available at Center
  • A double dip at WR could be fun - McConkey or Franklin would be interesting guys to compliment Legette. 
  • Don't be surprised if we invest higher than you'd like at RB today (Benson, Wright, Brooks)
  • A presser takeaway - If we're looking for guys to fill roles as Canales described, I think both Wash products in Polk & McMillan would be strong options remaining in this draft that would compliment the WR room we're building.  Can play X, Z, slide inside, do a bit of everything. 
  • Brenden Rice & Javon Baker are two notables with X potential at 65 or later
  • And if we're looking for life after Thielen/not sure about Mingo, I would NOT discount Roman Wilson, Malik Wash, or Corley.

Gut leans DB or LB, but won't be surprised if it's a double dip.  

• Pie 3

I think I expect edgerrin cooper but also wouldn’t be surprised at a tight end, which will make people freak out, but sinnot is one of those guys every fanbase thinks they’ve discovered as a round 3 gem and is thus potentially going to go a lot higher than expected. Both of those guys got top 30 visits. They’ve done absolutely nothing to bolster tight end all offseason despite aggression elsewhere. 

corner has obviously gotten a lot of smoke as well. 

Edited by Growl

Man if they mess around and draft Ladd at 39, I'm driving down to Carolina for every home game. 

I'll gladly give them my money and my time. I just really want to see the Panthers finally embrace the change in the NFL. O line and playmaking WRs are extremely important in today's NFL. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Man if they mess around and draft Ladd at 39, I'm driving down to Carolina for every home game. 

I'll gladly give them my money and my time. I just really want to see the Panthers finally embrace the change in the NFL. O line and playmaking WRs are extremely important in today's NFL. 

Ladd or AD would totally turn me around on the XL pick, but even though im not happy about the XL pick I think we have bigger needs at 39 but I would personally still love it lol

Sorry, Bear Hands--I have been working on a similar thread for the past hour--a bit different in that it discusses the teams prior to pick 39 and predicts how each might go. 

I think the pick will be Saintrisil CB or Cooper LB.

27 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Guessing that he joins Maye in Foxboro.

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Who do y'all got? Some rumblings...

• If we stay put at 39, I can see us going the DB Tampa/Sainistril or LB Colson/Cooper/Wilson routes.  Maybe Marshawn Kneeland at EDGE. 
  • Both JPC and Frazier are still available at Center
  • A double dip at WR could be fun - McConkey or Franklin would be interesting guys to compliment Legette. 
  • Don't be surprised if we invest higher than you'd like at RB today (Benson, Wright, Brooks)
  • A presser takeaway - If we're looking for guys to fill roles as Canales described, I think both Wash products in Polk & McMillan would be strong options remaining in this draft that would compliment the WR room we're building.  Can play X, Z, slide inside, do a bit of everything. 
  • Brenden Rice & Javon Baker are two notables with X potential at 65 or later
  • And if we're looking for life after Thielen/not sure about Mingo, I would NOT discount Roman Wilson, Malik Wash, or Corley.

Gut leans DB or LB, but won't be surprised if it's a double dip.  

Some of these will fall to 65.  Mark my words!!