• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Trevin Wallace LB - Pick 72, Round 3

We have had some good to great LBs. I would think that Morgan asked Luke, TD and Beason their thoughts about this LB class. If these guys think that this guy Wallace is worth his weight in gold, am I supposed to believe Huddle haters or Panther legends? 

Yes, that was rhetorical.

Just now, Bear Hands said:

The sideline-to-sideline quickness/ability to cover so much of the field is big in the 2-high shell.  Can ease in for now, but he fits the scheme nicely. 

The more I see and read, I'm kind of getting that feel about him. It's starting to make some sense.

37 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yep. And also I got the sense that he really doesn't like people who carry the ball.

More popular to whine but I'm going to go ahead and allow the possibility that we have 3 new long term contributors on the roster. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I will say I'm glad they took the 21 year old instead of the injury prone 24 year old if both LB's were kinda in the same tier

It appears to me that Wallace may not be quite as good as Wilson but he had well known coaches that know LB talent when they see it. Wilson may go on to have a HOF career and everyone but the Steelers will regret it. But that can happen with any pick. Wallace is no slouch and could do the same himself. I think we will survive either way.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Not at 220 lbs he won't, and they won't put weight on him if they need the speed.

I love this response. Did you put ANY thought into your response?

3-4. 

Where is he going to play?

He's a natural side to side line player. He's certainly not going to play the edge. 

So where else is he going to play? 

Come on man. 

• Pie 1