• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How short a leash will Young be on?

Jmac

37 minutes ago, countryboi said:

you feel how you feel, but bryce is not trey lance. if bryce played on the niners, he would be their starter. Bryce is going to continue to get chances because he is talented

Lol....I disagree.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

He is on a rookie contract. We are going to keep him if not a starter than as a backup. If he sucks this year we will be picking top 5 and will pick another QB in the first round. You gotta keep taking shots until you find your franchise guy. 

I don’t know,  if you look at top 15 QBs that teams moved on from relatively quick (after 1-3 seasons)…..they generally see the door and don’t hang around because of their rookie deals.  Weird dynamic I think to keep them. 

Lance, Wilson, Fields, Mac, Haskins, Darnold, Rosen…only 1 saw a season as a backup after the team deemed they weren’t the future and then he was traded.  

9 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

If there is little to no improvement this year, he won’t be a Panther next year. His first year was so bad that if he sucks again, we will be picking in the Top 3 in 2025. Honestly, that may be best case scenario for us because I really don’t think Bryce’s ceiling is that high. 

He will still be a panther just not the incumbent starter.  

11 hours ago, Fenrir said:

The issue is that there aren’t any elite QB prospects next year. I think his leash is longer than a lot of fans realize…

Hell we already have half the Texas offense here, why not bring in Quinn Evers. 

He’ll be a 1st round talent

I don’t know about his leash. Depends on how he plays. I know these guys are young but I think they need to be trending up the way people like to see NFL teams trend.. like end the year with a winning streak,. you spoil a contender’s playoff chances, other teams don’t want to play you. That type of stuff. We have seen it before. 

Personally though,  I would already have competition in the building. Today. Even if it is token.

We would see who could do what with what, on the field. If he is what people want him to be, he would win the job. 

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

You’re crazy if you think Morgan and Canales are so attached to Bryce that they will tank their careers for him.

If Bryce does not improve there is a near 100% chance that Morgan and Canales bring in a different QB next year.

Exactly....its only die hard bryce fans talking like that.

I want the panthers to win. Full stop.  No one ever cared if Luke, Greg, Jake, Pep, SS, Davis, Mills, Walls, Stewart, etc were given a fair shot. It’s not a fair game. When you’re THE guy, it’s just how it is. 

If we start an ugly 0 and 4, there are plays to be made but Bryce isn’t making the throws and the boo birds are out…. the locker room won’t be aw shucks we’ll get em next time, we believe in you Bryce buddy, we’re still gelling.  Nah bruh, there going to be some grown ass men coming over to his locker to talk to him. 

If it comes out showing promise and people see true progression in Bryce, especially mechanics, different story. Give that dude some time. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan