• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How short a leash will Young be on?

Jmac

19 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The same offensive line that was middle of the league in allowing Qb time in pocket? Bryce got sacked a lot a year before at Alabama i guess their line was bad too.

Just say you didn’t watch the games 😂😂 every game was instant pressure up the middle. Go watch Daltons game against Seattle he was wiggling through pressure like prime Russell Wilson. 

If there was time this year there were 4 receivers running curl routes blanketed. Like I said Bryce didn’t do his job but neither did anyone else. You and a handful of others on here are foaming at the mouth to turn any conversation about last years team into a Bryce Young witch hunt.

• Pie 2

Wanting your first overall pick to perform like a first overall pick is not a witch hunt.

I feel like the majority of fans here are on the same page and want to see the offensive improvements come to fruition and yes that includes Bryce. But there will be very little room if any for excuses.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Wanting your first overall pick to perform like a first overall pick is not a witch hunt.

I feel like the majority of fans here are on the same page and want to see the offensive improvements come to fruition and yes that includes Bryce. But there will be very little room if any for excuses.

Bar is pretty much set.  Playoffs.  Pro Bowl.  Individual record or award.

Every #1 overall QB has hit at least one of those for the last 20+ years by year 2. Real promise.  

Bryce has to be better.  A lot better.  

• Beer 2

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Every #1 overall QB has hit at least one of those for the last 20+ years by year 2. Real promise.  

Agreed.  I would expect most realistic fans to tamper their expectations.  There is a scenario where we simply over drafted him at 1, but he still has a solid career and can become a franchise QB.  That is what I am curious to find out.  Does he have what it takes to become the guy.  If he can somehow do any of the stuff you stated in year two then fantastic, but that's not where my head is at judging by his rookie play and the state of the franchise.  

it's

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

already going to be painful enough watching Caleb Williams throw TD passes to DJ Moore on a regular basis week in & week out   & naturally not sit there & reflect back & say to yourself woulda shoulda coulda especially if Bryce Young never looks remotely similar to a #1 pick 

Edited by bandu

it's

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

already going to be painful enough watching Caleb Williams throw TD passes to DJ Moore on a regular basis week in & week out   & naturally not sit there & reflect back & say to yourself woulda should coulda ...especially if Bryce never looks remotely similar to a #1 pick & the odds are not in his favor of doing so because according to Vegas/DraftKings right now there is about only a 9% chance that the Carolina Panthers make the playoffs ...just saying

Edited by bandu

I want Bryce to shine as much as any Panther fan should.  

I'm also intelligent enough to know that the conditions of his rookie season sucked ass, and that's putting it nicely. 

I just don't understand the, oh he's got to be on a short leash. Really? How is that going to help him? 

New offensive system.  New oline. New offensive playmakers (who knows how many will be making major contributions this year, that isnyet to be seen). 

He has to be given the keys, and allowed to grow with the system throughout the season. 

Of course the system as a whole will take a while to gel. We're talking about him improving on the basics like footwork, being willing/accurate enough to hit an NFL open guy 20 yards in the middle of the field. That new youtube breakdown posted the other day has plenty examples of both of those issues if anyone needs a refresher. 

As far as being a franchise guy, Teddy wasn't good enough so he's gotta get above those 2020-21 Teddy starting numbers, anything less and it's just Tepper being stubborn about his trade up

I mean....the success of a QB is reliant on the other 10 players doing their job and the OC doing his job....The QB must possess the talent to keep up his part of the bargain... I'f we are not seeing anything positive by game 8....the writing is on the wall...

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Agreed.  I would expect most realistic fans to tamper their expectations.  There is a scenario where we simply over drafted him at 1, but he still has a solid career and can become a franchise QB.  That is what I am curious to find out.  Does he have what it takes to become the guy.  If he can somehow do any of the stuff you stated in year two then fantastic, but that's not where my head is at judging by his rookie play and the state of the franchise.  

Idk I think for what we gave up he really needs to be a special player. A generational outlier for his size at that. 

Even if he turns out to be a Matt Ryan tier player that is still a failure because Matt Ryan is a loser who choked with the game on the line. He has to be as good or better than Brees was, and even he was a stat padding choke artist fraud when he was outside of the dome and pressure got in his face. 

I think they give him the full season, but if he stinks as bad as he did most of last year, and there aren't many signs of improvement, I could see them pulling him 10-ish games in.

Still just sucks...  The other day, I was telling my friend, who is a Patriots fan, that I'm still so mad that we sold out for Young because Stroud, AR were there last draft, and I REALLY wanted to wait until this draft to have a high pick because of Maye.  But, no use in crying over spilled milk...  we're stuck with Bryce, so we ride until the wheels fall off and then do it all over again.

29 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Idk I think for what we gave up he really needs to be a special player. A generational outlier for his size at that. 

Even if he turns out to be a Matt Ryan tier player that is still a failure because Matt Ryan is a loser who choked with the game on the line. He has to be as good or better than Brees was, and even he was a stat padding choke artist fraud when he was outside of the dome and pressure got in his face. 

I understand what we gave up for him. I’m saying there is a much more realistic scenario where he might be our future QB but not the generational prospect we wanted when we moved up for him. Teams can overpay for a pick/player and still find success with them. That’s what I’m curious to find out. Forget 2nd year playoffs or Pro Bowl, I just want to see if he can be the guy moving forward or not. I want to see if he takes the next step in developing with the better supporting cast we are giving him. 

• Pie 1