• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Who would you have picked

SOJA

37 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I’m curious to this one? Wilson medical was a giant red flag bomb. Dude is completely missing an acl

I never understood people's obsession with Wilson. Except maybe because he played at NC state

• Pie 3

I really liked our draft. We got good value at every pick. Legette wasn't my top choice and I would have stayed at 33 personally. But Im definitely happy with our draft. Going into it Brooks and Sanders were two of my favorite players for us. Trevin Wallace is an absolute dawg. 

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

This and Kool Aid or Cooper over the RB 

The RB was not going to make it past Dallas. He wasn't going to make it to the 3rd round. The Giants were trying to jump Dallas to take Brooks. We managed to jump them both to take him for what it's worth. Who knows how it will work out but at least 2 other teams thought he was worth a 2nd round pick so it's not a reach unless you think the best RB in the class is not worth it. It's all subjective opinions anyway. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

with all the negativity right now, I think a fun exercise would be to see if you were GM who would you have picked. It's too complicated to go back through all the trades so let's just pretend those are set in stone. Here's how I would have done it:

This will be fun to bump in a year when I am completely wrong about all of this. 

FWIW this is not a complaining thread it's more of an exercise to show that for all of you negativity it's actually really hard to nail drafts in real time. 

32- Ladd

46- AD Mitchell

72- Christian Haynes

101- Theo Johnson

157- Caelen Carson

200- Cedric Johnson

240- Beau Brade

Going back and looking at the 3rd, I was a tad hard on the Wallace pick.

You need to do a OG one with no trades 33, 39, 65, etc.

In fact

33- ladd

39- kool-aid

65- colson

101- sanders

141- van pran granger

142- Austin booker

240- cornelious johnson

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3

32- ladd

46- frazier

72- trice

101- sanders(*love the Franklin pick same here0

157- Caelen Carson

200- Watson

240- cornelious johnson

This is totally unfair to Dan Morgan judgement, I get to see were the break/fall in talent is like the edge group. 

Honestly doing this makes me feel my "D" grade is too low, his draft picks look just as good as mine and I cheated. 

• Pie 2

- Mitchell or Legette, I’m still not sure who I like better.  Originally I liked McConkey here as much as the other two, but we gotta get someone to stretch defenses and make them respect the possibility of a floating duck getting snatched.

- Frazier, but I’m plenty pleased with Brooks.

- Originally I would have said P. Wilson, but after hearing he has no ACL and a botched shoulder surgery nah hard pass on that mess.  Wouldn’t have traded back from 65 and would have taken Colson. 

- Sanders definitely

- dunno about the rest 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I really liked our draft. We got good value at every pick. Legette wasn't my top choice and I would have stayed at 33 personally. But Im definitely happy with our draft. Going into it Brooks and Sanders were two of my favorite players for us. Trevin Wallace is an absolute dawg. 

Totally agree.  To come away with 4 really good players and a 2nd next year without a first rounder (at least initially) is damn fine work IMO

• Pie 2

2.43 : Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
2.52 : Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
3.65 : Junior Colson, LB, Michigan
3.79 : Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
4.101 : Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas 😎
5.141 : Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
5.142 : Austin Booker, Edge, Kansas
5.155 : Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Note, I traded down from 33 (took the Arizona/Atlanta trade up to 35 - might have actually been able to net an even better deal but whatever, I'll go with this). Took the Rams trade but stayed put at 52 and at the top of the 3rd.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, 07579394 said:

32 Cooper DeJean DB

46 Zach Frazier C

72 XL if he's there,or Roman Wilson WR

101 Sanders the same TE

157 Mohamed Kamara EDGE

fwiw the patriots were going to draft XL if we didn't source:

• Pie 1