• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Brit breaks down Bryce Young vs Jacksonville

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Agreed. That video was rough. I haven’t been encouraged by much of anything Bryce did his rookie year outside of some nice scrambles to evade pressure and the Packers game (which was against the worst pass defense in the NFL at the time).

We’d have to see Bryce morph into a completely different QB to win more than 2-3 games. I don’t think he will be the starting QB for the Panthers by the 2025 season.

If we win more than 4 games, Canales is the real deal. 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The play at 18:58 is exactly why he will never succeed.  The classic hopping and simply not being able to see the field due to his size

That was the one I saw where he looked terrified and ran through his read. Zero confidence or Rhythm back there.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That was the one I saw where he looked terrified and ran through his read. Zero confidence or Rhythm back there.

He had a clean pocket, open receivers and still panicked, I honestly believe he cannot see the entire field......and that hopping motion is brutal.

All in all the brit did a good job imo, not biased and seemed to know his stuff.  Its concerning overall that he kept mentioning Youngs velocity on some throws.  Some he said were "fine" others were not so much

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Good video. More realistic take than all the people making every excuse under the sun for Bryce. Sometimes the WRs failed him, sometimes the OL failed him. But for every WR or OL fail, there was a play that someone was open and he had plenty of time but he either just failed to pull the trigger or threw a terrible ball. Good QBs on bad teams take advantage of the opportunities to make plays when others do their jobs. Bryce didn’t. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Good QBs on bad teams take advantage of the opportunities to make plays when others do their jobs. Bryce didn’t. 

This. Even good QB's on good teams gotta make the play when the play presents itself, you only get so many of them per game even if your team is loaded with talent. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He had a clean pocket, open receivers and still panicked, I honestly believe he cannot see the entire field......and that hopping motion is brutal.

All in all the brit did a good job imo, not biased and seemed to know his stuff.  Its concerning overall that he kept mentioning Youngs velocity on some throws.  Some he said were "fine" others were not so much

We have mentioned that here since he came on the radar. Now some British guy says it and you go for your wallet? 

There are some throws he can make. My concern all along has been that velocity thing because of the speed of the defenders, at best he can somehow calibrate his processor to step into the new requirements at the higher level he is in now. Haven’t seen it. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Carson Beck here we come

Disagree. Other than not being Bryce, he's not it. The very definition of change for change's sake IMO. In fact all the '25 QBs are.

Trade the #1 pick to another QB-desperate team like the Giants for their 2026 #1 and take our chances. 

2 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Disagree. Other than not being Bryce, he's not it. The very definition of change for change's sake IMO. In fact all the '25 QBs are.

Trade the #1 pick to another QB-desperate team like the Giants for their 2026 #1 and take our chances. 

Way too early to have an opinion about the QB class next year.  A top prospect could emerge.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Way too early to have an opinion about the QB class next year.  A top prospect could emerge.

Happens all the time, especially with the transfer portal now, some kid previously stuck on a bench might go off somewhere

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Beck was really good last year, I just want to see him do it again and get better.  He is big, strong, great footwork/mechanics and has a howitzer for an arm

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

yep.  I mean look at Spencer Rattler.  There was a time he was projected to be the #1 overall pick or top QB taken.  Next thing you know, he is playing for the Gamecocks.  No one knew about Cam Newton.  Next thing you know, he is the #1 overall pick.  Lot can happen with whatever the class next year is going to be. 

• Pie 2