• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does the Canales era have a new vibe?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, strato said:

Honestly he creeps me out some. Can’t verbalize the entire feeling but TV evangelist vibe is an element, there is also a high school cheerleader facade.

So far I like him in his job and think he projects to be good hire, possibly, but there isn’t much to go on yet. I’ll just hope he isn’t too twisted.

The way his eyes get extremely wide open when he focuses on someone talking to him would creep me out in person. 

Edited by NYPantherFan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Well who did you want?

I have not been a fan of any of them or their processes. As for who I want we all know it doesn't matter and at this point I am resigned to what is Tepper quality at the end of the day because that has absolutely been consistent. Tillis should be great but he came here so it could be a Beineimy situation I guess. 

Training camp will tell us part of the story.

I think we'll see a good energy throughout and a real confidence and fight readiness when the season starts.

The schedule is set up nicely to build confidence and having all games on Sunday only helps with routine. Everything is set up well for this team to feel good about what they are trying to do.

Canales builds energy and confidence and channels it all in the right direction.

We've got dawgs....he'll get them riled up, confident, and focused.

• Beer 1

Not sure if he has the ability to light the fire under anyones ass at halftime like a Rivera/Wilks style dude. Although he does kind of creep me out so I could see him having a super dark side for better or worse

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not sure if he has the ability to light the fire under anyones ass at halftime like a Rivera/Wilks style dude. Although he does kind of creep me out so I could see him having a super dark side for better or worse

I feel like halftime adjustments were an issue for Ron? Maybe I’m remembering it wrong. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I feel like halftime adjustments were an issue for Ron? Maybe I’m remembering it wrong. 

Yeah he didn't actually make great adjustments coaching wise, I'm just saying those dudes got everyones attention at halftime. Can't get much worse at that than Rhule or Reich though

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'll admit I haven't paid too much attention to him or his pressers, but that's the vibe I've gotten. I naturally raise an eyebrow at the overly polished everything is positive guys. 

• Beer 2

He’s inexperienced and so is his staff.

He has a plan based on some assumptions and that is fine, but what does he do when his plan falls apart? Can he pivot correctly?

Long story short, IF he figures it out it will be a few years in.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

27 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah he didn't actually make great adjustments coaching wise, I'm just saying those dudes got everyones attention at halftime. Can't get much worse at that than Rhule or Reich though

Gonna have to bring the GM in to yell at the locker room. (Joking)

• Beer 1

We are going to have to hope Tepper keeps his poo together and lets things breathe a while because Canales was hired ‘early’ for HC and they hope he will adapt and grow.  His first test with this QB is a tall order. Hopefully Tepper gets that by now. 

The real reason he is here seems to be the helping QBs rep that he has, plus I guess he handled his first OC job without any big hiccups. His general background also including WRs.. he should be a passing game guy. That understands the power of the run game. 

I think OP was looking for someone to say yes the enthusiasm is back and all that stuff, okay. I think he has much more energy than the last two guys, and seems real smart too, knows what he wants, etc.

I’m hopeful for the long run, at this very early stage.

• Beer 1