• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's up with Chris Gamble?

Catalyst

We have 2 needs at CB--I think we are waiting until the last possible moment to see the free agent landscape---notice they have not restructured Gross yet either.

I think they are hoping Gamble will take a pay cut or restructure and take a pay cut.

He was never the "most obvious" release. We have largely nothing at CB behind him and other players with similar cap hits at stacked positions. He could get cut but the only reason fans acted as if he was "obvious" is because he was never a fan favorite and you still have a plethora of nostalgiatards holding on for days gone by who don't want to see other players released.

He was never the "most obvious" release. We have largely nothing at CB behind him and other players with similar cap hits at stacked positions. He could get cut but the only reason fans acted as if he was "obvious" is because he was never a fan favorite and you still have a plethora of nostalgiatards holding on for days gone by who don't want to see other players released.

No. He was the most obvious release, because he gives us the most immediate cap relief releasing him.

If I had to guess I would think they are trying to restructure him to a cap friendly contract and if that doesn't workout then he'll be released.

There are 6 days remaining to get under the cap, some things won't be revealed until then or even later.

I don't think we can lose both Gamble and Munnerly. I really like the Josh's, but we need a solid veteran presense.

Yeah they are trying to keep him but they haven't come up with a solution to the cap problem. Unless they plan to extend for 2 years while turning this years salary into signing bonus I don't see it happening.

This makes the most sense to me. I would be very suprised if they are not trying to work out some sort of redo to keep him. The same with Gross, and to a lesser extent Beast and DWill.

We are still a young team. We need to try and keep some of the vets. Redoing their contracts to keep them is the best option. If it can be worked out. Some players refuse to redo, while some are more willing to aid the team.

We need Gamble. We need to redo his contract. I am hoping that is what is going on. I have to belive we have a plan. That is one of the worst things about being a fan. The not knowing what the FO is thinking.

Archived