• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Poll - Did Deanglo's handling of his release tarnish his image?

Jeremy Igo

Did Deanglo's handling of his release tarnish his image?   

217 members have voted

1. 1. Did Deanglo's handling of his release tarnish his image?

• Not at all
    • Yes, Slightly
    • Yes, Significantly

He got fired from his job - as an athlete and deep down inside he can see this team being rebuilt into a super mega team.

It's like getting a divorce settlement approved from a broke ass dude and then right after your so called dead beat wins $300 million dollars in the lotto.

For a lot of players being released from Carolina especially : it's hurts real bad so let de Angelo mourn

Even if  DeAngelo Williams felt  slighted, he could have taken the high road because the Panthers have given him millions of dollars to play the game,dollars that were often not earned.

I have yet to hear the Panthers complain and point their fingers at DeAngelo for receiving this unearnd money,,the door could have swung both ways,in that respect but to the Panthers credit,  they remained silent on the .issue.

When a player attempts to discredit the Carolina Panthers,someone i root,cheer and bleed blue for,i take it as them trying to tarnish the image of the team.

Having made these statements,i will have to say yes,DeAngelo Williams has tarnished his image in my eyes.

Look like 64% of fans think he did tarnish his image at least minimally. 

The Huddle hates Deangelo, they have for a few years. You could have made any poll and the option against him would win.

His image the day after isn't what matters, it's in a few years, and this blip in a long Panthers career will be forgotten in favor of his legendary rushing performances.

You must have CRA and Panthro on 'Ignore'.

No. I have only ignored two people in all my years on the Huddle (Dexterity, and some guy who doesn't post much), and if I had to ignore a mod, then that person shouldn't be a mod.  I know that CRA didn't care for Williams on a professional level, and I am not surprised Panthro feels the same, but I really don't remember them bashing Deangelo on a personal level (not saying that they didn't, but I didn't see it). Sure, it's one thing to say the guy got overpaid for warming the bench, and it's another thing to say that he is a social media oddity that grated on your nerves (which is a personal problem), but it's quite another to say that he is being petty and vindictive at a time when he is getting cut and still feeling some type of way about how J-Rich---in particular---handled his mother's passing.

Crazy that Hardy was the only one of the Panthers organization to show up at the funeral. I would have at least thought Stewart would have been there they both seemed like they were genuine friends. Maybe they just weren't as close as they appeared to be on the sidelines kind of a crazy situation.

But to answer the question No I don't. I do believe he has the right to be upset. His mother is the reason every single sport dons pink in October not to mention when you're on a football team I don't care if it's high school, college, semi pro, or the NFL the guys in those locker rooms are supposed to be your brothers. I guess money just seems to change everything doesn't it?

Since it is all over twitter, Espn etc., looks like he accomplished his goal. To crap all over the organization that provided a job and salary that most can only dream of. Good job Dlo. Sorry about your mom. Also sorry that you couldn't take the high road.

I think it obviously did but I also remember the good times.

But it verified what I have heard Jeremy report many times, that Deangelo was a diva and not well-liked by team-mates outside of fellow RB's (and apparently Greg Hardy).

But really, I don't go to funerals for my friends mothers even if they are in town.  I think the pink dye got into his scalp.  

Since it is all over twitter, Espn etc., looks like he accomplished his goal. To crap all over the organization that provided a job and salary that most can only dream of. Good job Dlo. Sorry about your mom. Also sorry that you couldn't take the high road.

maybe i'm cynical but i can't disagree that the point of all this was at least partially to sway public opinion and fire one last shot at the organization

to that end:

Xd9BRbP.jpg

Archived