• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agent News

Mr. Scot

@VicTafur: Branch, Woodley, Jones-Drew off the books puts #Raiders at $64M under the cap. Schaub's departure will make it $69.5M

Randall Cobb gon get paid.

Having that much money means you've got no talent. Now they will over pay players and still suck

@VicTafur: Branch, Woodley, Jones-Drew off the books puts #Raiders at $64M under the cap. Schaub's departure will make it $69.5M

Randall Cobb gon get paid.

Yep. I was playing with their cap months ago and got them 70 million under the cap with those cuts. With a decent QB and their new LB they could shake up FA this season.

Yeah, paying a WR on the quickly accelerating downside of his career $10 million dollars per year would be just exactly the thing to fix the Panthers.

Why would you think that his contract would be THAT much. I heard some talking head talking about an 89-esque contract. I certainly don't see him getting anything much greater than Boldin money. Maybe a little more, but I doubt anyone would structure anything other than a team friendly contract with relatively little future guarantees. I could be wrong though.

I still have an odd feeling we grab Eddie Royal if the Chargers don't get him back.  He could get us the production we're looking for and be our returner too.  He's always struck me as a guy who was just never in the ideal situation.  He's still darn fast, below 30 and could be had for probably a third of what Cobb wants.   

Archived