• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy suspended 10 games

YoungPanthers89

It all makes sense now.

Give Hardy an outrageous punishment, and then, on the one day of the year where the entire nation has their eye on you, you make sure he comes back so the story reignites and is a massive talking point and the entire country can bare witness to "the stand" that you took and can discuss how you're "leading the way" against DV or whatever other generic jargon Goodell wants. I wouldn't be surprised if NFL had Women's Rights day or something happens to crop up that same Week. Goodell is a businesses man through and through, there is no denying that.

I'll take some solace in the tantrum Roger is going to throw when the PA ruins this whole thing, but still

He didn't get suspended because he was accused. He got suspended because there were photos showing the evidence of how he beat her.

It's not an accusation, it's a fact.

Until the photos are public and timestamped to fit, it's impossible to say they are.

David Newton @DNewtonespn 18m18 minutes ago

NFL concluded that Hardy failed to provide complete & accurate information to NFL investigators & members of the staff. #Panthers #Cowboys

[emphasis is mine]

I believe this probably is the reason it's 10 weeks. 6 weeks for the beating + 4 weeks for what Goodell sees as an attempt at a cover-up. Remember that Sean Payton got a harsher penalty than almost everybody else for bounty gate because Goodell said he covered it up. He hates being lied to.

I have no feeling about the suspension. He's not a Panther so, eh. But if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. So on Thanksgiving bring him on, Dallas! You'll be sorry because we know him, oh, so well.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 18m18 minutes ago

NFL concluded that Hardy failed to provide complete & accurate information to NFL investigators & members of the staff. #Panthers #Cowboys

[emphasis is mine]

I believe this probably is the reason it's 10 weeks. 6 weeks for the beating + 4 weeks for what Goodell sees as an attempt at a cover-up. Remember that Sean Payton got a harsher penalty than almost everybody else for bounty gate because Goodell said he covered it up. He hates being lied to.

I have no feeling about the suspension. He's not a Panther so, eh. But if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. So on Thanksgiving bring him on, Dallas! You'll be sorry because we know him, oh, so well.

This is a good observation, branding the punishment as "conduct detrimental".instead of the actual DV punishment is an obvious ploy to fight back in what would've been an obvious losing case against the PA as the Rice and Peterson cases were.

Archived