• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Official. Cam Newton signs $103.8 Million extension over 5 years.

hepcat

​It's an extension. He'll make $14.67 million next season on the 5th year option and the extension starts after that. So 14.67 + 103.8 = 118.47. Divide that by the 6 years total and it comes out to $19.75M/year. Not entirely sure how the guaranteed works since the structure hasn't come out yet, but that should be available soon.

That's not how extensions work. 

That's not how extensions work. 

​$14.67 million: This is technically an extension, so Newton’s new contract will essentially start in 2016 and run through the 2020 season. Under the terms of the fifth-year option he signed last spring, he was set to make $14.67 million in 2015.

http://blackandbluereview.com/numbers-to-know-about-cam-newtons-upcoming-contract/

They can structure it different ways by adding some guaranteed money this year but that's essentially what he's making over the 6 years.

Most of the contract hits the first 3 years. Good...after that is when we have to deal with Star, KK, and KB.

Congrats to my boy Cam, though! Definitely my favorite player/Panther. His signing has brought a smile to my face. 

Archived