• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have the weapons...do you have the heart?

Wundrbread33

Here's the real question. Even if we somehow make the playoffs, do you honestly think we stand ANY chance against Green Bay or Seattle? We don't have enough firepower for Green Bay without KB and we sure as hell have NO ONE who can challenge Seattle like KB did. However, I'm not gon lie that a 3 peat in the NFC South without our #1 receiver would feel hella good to brag about. That is actually attainable. A superbowl....... forget about it.

Playoffs are about D. We are always right their with Seattle, yet Green Bay would be tough since Rodgers does own us.

We don't know how this season will play out for anyone. Green Bay could go 8-8. Who knows. It's not like Rodgers has won a Super Bowl recently, so they are beatable. 

Our defense is so legit it will keep us in any game. As long as we don't turn over the ball multiple times in a game I always like our chances.

There are just too many variables and unknowns to say we would not have a chance against those two teams.

A lot will rest upon Stewart's shoulders to produce a consistent ground game. I believe he won't disappoint. 

Playoffs are about D. We are always right their with Seattle, yet Green Bay would be tough since Rodgers does own us.

We don't know how this season will play out for anyone. Green Bay could go 8-8. Who knows. It's not like Rodgers has won a Super Bowl recently, so they are beatable. 

Our defense is so legit it will keep us in any game. As long as we don't turn over the ball multiple times in a game I always like our chances.

There are just too many variables and unknowns to say we would not have a chance against those two teams.

A lot will rest upon Stewart's shoulders to produce a consistent ground game. I believe he won't disappoint. 

That's the BIGGEST thing imo to overcome this loss. If Stewart can actually play a full season and our O-line can be dominant in run blocking, then we are in business. If we are a middle of the pack running team, then we can forget about this season. We have to at least be a top 10 running team to have a chance. But like you said, who knows? Anything can happen so I'm still excited about the season.

lmao...ahh the young and vibrant are showing up!! I love it!! Seriuosly its great.. I have been up for the big finish like the Buffalo Bills have been waiting for a winning season since Jim Kelly retired.. here's to the Bills fugging up Brady and the Panthers 3 peating. this year..

Yeah, this after our d-line turned into a M*A*S*H unit!? NO pass rush and no #1 WR. If they can win despite these BIG problems they will have grown a lot as a team.

Remember, it took a long time for the line to get used to playing without Greg Hardy. I don't see the road being easy if they don't have CJ healthy. Matty Ice and Drew Breez will pick you apart without pressure upfront. Those guys are too good and these games will turn into shoot outs if they don't figure out the DE position.

If Funchise can act like a franchise WR we may have a chance to outscore teams but without the D line I can't see a good year. I hope I'm wrong and I hope guys can get healthy 

We shouldn't panic yet but the GM, scouts and coaching staff should be

Our defense relies on scheme, blitzes and overloads to get pressure.  Sure it helps when we can just rush 4 guys but that is not the strength of a Jim Johnson defense it is the linebackers and strong safety play with corners who are good in man coverage.  That will be good regardless.  You wont see much scheming until the bullets fly for real so dont panic about d line pressure yet.  Our defense is going to be vanilla in the preseason which is not what it will be in the regular season.

Hate to break it to you, but fan heart means exactly zero and we don't have a single WR on the roster who gained more than 600 yards in the NFL last season.

I still think we can compete in the division, but the hopes of making a postseason run almost certainly came crashing down today.

And people wonder why our fan base sucks. A whole bunch of people with this attitude leave games early or sell their tickets to fans of opposing teams that do have heart.

Listen here buddy. Obviously the heart that matters is that of the team first and foremost, but the whole part of being a fanatic is putting your heart and soul into your team and believing that it matters.

Collectively, when a fanbase has this attitude, they can create a different atmosphere.

Believe it or not, many players care about that kind of thing. No one likes to be a performer in front of a half empty house full of opposing teams fans.

I've been a fan since Hall of Fame against the Jags; been through it all and I always believe we have a shot. Chances change, but we are never out of the race until we are mathematically out. If you don't feel that way, that is fine, but keep that poo to yourself and stop trying to get everyone to join your "fan heart means zero" pity party.

I love KB and the physicality he brings to the receiving game. He is a warrior on the field that intimidated DBs last season. He will be back next season and he'll likely be better from it, because the young man has a work ethic.

But let's be honest. This receiving corp lacked speed last season. Cam was constantly throwing into tight windows and taking sacks while waiting on routes to develop, granted Bell, Amini and Chandler played a role in that as well. There is competition in this WR corp that is faster than Smitty in his prime! Can we finally get Cam some YAC this year? Shula will need to run more rub routes and double moves to get guys open quicker. But the speed some of these guys have make them more dangerous than KB in the open field. Shula's just gonna have to help get them open.

I love how we have gone from being "stacked" at wide receiver to having nobody at wide receiver and yet we only lost one player. 

there were people on this site freaking out literally three days ago about how gettleman didn't draft a bunch of pass rushers

if byrd or brown or someone else steps up big on saturday the pendulum is going to swing hard in the other direction and it'll be even more confusing

Archived