• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers - Jaguars Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

Stan, you should be well aware of how I feel about our offensive personnel.  There are too many plays that have happened today that failed as a result of horrible personnel.  The problem is, Shula doesn't call plays to our strengths or to cover up our weaknesses either.  There is no flow or rhythm.  It's like he doesn't think about anything but the immediate play and it puts us in horrible positions. 

I'm not going to say Shula is the best OC in the league, he's not.  But he's not the worst.  Honestly we were built offensively to run the ball and with our personnel we aren't good enough right now to do that.  And with the drops by the wide receivers, offensive linemen being pushed into Cam, we can't pass very well either.  That's the only 2 options we have run or pass.  

I also laugh when I see people commenting on play designs.  Truth is every team in the NFL has 90% of the same plays, they just have different names for them.

In the end it's not about Shula, it's about personnel and with the salary cap you can't have a great offense AND a great defense (unless you fuging draft like Nostradamus) so the coordinator with the short stick is going to catch the flak...and I get that, but it's just flawed thinking.

• Pie 1