• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Jeremy Igo

Of anyone around the Panthers’ organization, few are as familiar with Allen as former offensive tackle Jordan Gross. The two went head-to-head four times, first when Allen was a rookie in Kansas City, and then when he was starring in Minnesota. In those meetings, Allen totaled 14 tackles and two sacks.

“He’s very instinctual, so I think he doesn’t necessarily have a move he’s going to do before the ball is snapped. He’s very tough to read, he doesn’t have a lot of tells,” Gross said. “I think he would age well because he never was incredibly explosive off the ball, never was incredibly strong, but just a good, technical pass rusher.

“He just wants to get to the quarterback; he’s not worried about beauty points.”

May have been posted, thread too long!

http://blackandbluereview.com/ron-rivera-jordan-gross-jared-allen-trade/ 

Hey guys. Just registered with this message board  but I'm a panthers fan before the beginning. ( Anniversary coming  up 10/ 26/93) Watched and waited to be awarded the franchise. Believe me there are a lot of us out here. Went to home games at Clemson b4 Ericsson stadium was built. B4 Boa got off their ass and realized the Panthers  were a good investment  in their own hometown. In 1995 we ran the 3-4 under Capers and Fangio DC (sp) yes same Fangio with the Bears. We picked up an OLD  GUY ( 34 yr vet) named Kevin Greene .Again it was a 3-4 but KG lined up as a DE. Google  panthers salt n pepper . Greene had a dramatic history with us . Most of you remember him. Those that don't, well its worth a google.  Point  being , he was considered  "past his prime" by his former team. He came in pissed and battle ready We got him for a song just like Allen.  Allen has the same motor. He may or not be a KG but I know he is pissed and battle ready. Actually he can be as good. Bottom line this is a great deal ! Yall know the #s. The Panthers were built on veterans by one  of the best NFL Owners ever  !  Do you know What makes Jerry Richardson so special ? If not please google it  or ask your parents. This man went above and beyond to bring this wonderful albeit frustrating team  to our home state of NC. Who knows where the Panthers logo got its Contour ? Don't even get me started about how Great Sam Mills was/ IS ! Just trying to find out if we got some true fans on this board. . No feuds. Just Panther fans . Keep pounding. Ok, ok  dramatic close...

You're enthusiastic as hell, that's for sure!  How'd you find the board?

This is a statement on Ealy not showing up more than anything else.

If CJ or Alexander were healthy, this trade is never done. This is directly related to Ealy not getting the job done. So, whatever the Panthers give up for Allen will be attributed to the cost of attaining Ealy.

Allen and Addison as the DEs. Ealy is going back on the shelf.

Just yesterday there was "nobody" available and now we have Jared Allen so you can save that.

Honestly people need to stuff that bullshit "nobody" is available shtick...no one on this board called this nor did they know the contract situation of JA and how the Bears basically already paid for him....

Now I believe we tried a bargain bin thing with Norwood who still could pan out...and we see how Lockett is performing for Seattle so Norwood may just need more time to develop but moves like this JA trade make me think we could get a better WR but the question is "at what cost?".

If the answer to that question is higher than GMan is willing to go then we have to trust that he's looked and isn't willing to pay whatever price whoever is asking.....but yea players are out there.

Great is that sounds i think you are reaching here. Allen is a seasoned vet and will definitely help us better than what we got to other day but lets just keep it in perspective we dont need him to be Hardy or acquired him to live up to that play. Pass rush is key to our D and he will help with that, Hardy type production is wishful thinking.

You make it sound as if Allen is some second tier wannabe.  This guy is a 5 time Pro-Bowler and the current active sack leader.   If you want to do the wishful thinking, Pray Hardy doesn't experience a career like Allen.

I don't think it is nearly as far fetch as you portrait it.   Our pass rush gets significantly better with Allen and if CJ comes back after the Bye week, we might just have something.

I would imagine Allen is going to wing it pretty much this weekend.   Get the terminology down in the bye week and start to be a force by week 6.

Is he going on a 20 sack season?, don't think so but I clearly believe he'll have more than 5 1/2 he had last year.

Lol at this thread and the pinned one. In the time it took Igo to lock my thread and post his new one, I had already posted "per Jay Glazer's Twitter" 3 posts later. There's this magical feature that lets you edit previously posted ones which I was literally in the process of doing when I got the notice that the thread was locked.

No one needs to defend me or defend Igo. I don't care.This will be my last post on Lockgate™.

if you cared as little as you claim you wouldn't be posting nonstop about it

Archived