• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*SPECULATION* Rapoport: Panthers Among Potential Suitors For Trading For 16 Million Dollar Scatback Jarvis Landry

Saca312

@Saca312 a few things. 

I think everyone knows we want a WR. So any WR that is available there will be speculation. 

I have no clue what to think about Landry. He gets no run after catch but we also need to remember who is QB is. He has had Tannahill and a Retired Cutler. 

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article184261913.html

Now, in saying all of that I don't believe Hurney would do anything like that. But I wouldn't rule out some type of trade for a WR. 

I think we will be quiet in FA this year because our picks for Norwell/Star will depend on us not picking up FAs. 

Just now, yasuhara2241 said:

@Saca312 a few things. 

I think everyone knows we want a WR. So any WR that is available there will be speculation. 

I have no clue what to think about Landry. He gets no run after catch but we also need to remember who is QB is. He has had Tannahill and a Retired Cutler. 

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article184261913.html

Now, in saying all of that I don't believe Hurney would do anything like that. But I wouldn't rule out some type of trade for a WR. 

I think we will be quiet in FA this year because our picks for Norwell/Star will depend on us not picking up FAs. 

I think if you sign guys who are released, those "free agent signings" don't count against you in terms of comp pick consideration. If that's the case, then I'd really be watching the cut wire for FAs. That's probably where we'll be doing our heaviest shopping.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I think if you sign guys who are released, those "free agent signings" don't count against you in terms of comp pick consideration. If that's the case, then I'd really be watching the cut wire for FAs. That's probably where we'll be doing our heaviest shopping.

Exactly! We are going to lose to high priced free agents most likely who could NET a 3rd and 5th if we don't sign anybody of value. So I think we will do like you said go after cuts and go through trades. 

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Of course, if this does happen, there's always potential to negotiate for a better contract while he's franchise tagged. 

The bigger issue is the risk of him not accepting any offers while giving up a lot of trade capital for him. I can't see this being a plausible or good move, but it is Hurney after all.

This.  Any trade like this would involve having a much better contract in place before the trade occurs.  They tagged him just to get something for him...not because they think that’s his worth

Of course this would break the bank but lawd Jesus do some of you forget how pitiful our WR core has been since Smith went to Baltimore.

Don’t pretend like he isn’t better than anyone we have had on or roster of the same position in the last 4 years and that you wouldn’t take him in a heart beat if the deal was right.

1 hour ago, Uncfan said:

To the people saying no so me a favor and stfu . Landry would make this offense so much better . You guys can have your fantasy with Samuel and Byrd but they ain't doing nothing . Cap space doesn't win super bowls we need to spend and maybe we can get our first damn ring 

First damn ring? This dude doesn’t even get FIRST DOWNS...do we need to show the graphic again to prove he’s not worth the money we’d have to pay him??

i get our current WR group is lacking big time...but so are our safeties, oline, corners, DE...Landry isn’t bad but looking at this from a financial stand point, it’s suicide....we need the spread around the cap room so we can fill these other wholes too...if we wanna spend big money, do it on the defense...that’s what gets us to a Super Bowl anyway...proof is in the pudding 

Archived