• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Screw You Disney!!!

chknwing

6 hours ago, Dex said:

I don't think people would complain if they were good. If you're a 12 year I guess they're entertaining. Cinematically they're an insult to film. I will spare Nolan's Trilogy, Deadpool and Logan from that generalization. The rest, at the least the ones I have seen are shot with no heart, script or substance. Anything to make a buck. Its disgusting. 

They’re not monuments to film making and they aren’t supposed to be.

Expecting a Super hero movie to be anything more than what it is, is like expecting a chicken to act like a duck. Yeah their both fowl, but if you throw one of them into the river they’re not going to make it back to shore.

So dont get mad at chickens for not being ducks. Appreciate the chickens for what they are simple egg laying machines...

now back to your regularly schedule programming!

11 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

They’re not monuments to film making and they aren’t supposed to be.

Expecting a Super hero movie to be anything more than what it is, is like expecting a chicken to act like a duck. Yeah their both fowl, but if you throw one of them into the river they’re not going to make it back to shore.

So dont get mad at chickens for not being ducks. Appreciate the chickens for what they are simple egg laying machines...

now back to your regularly schedule programming!

You missed the point. Instead of taking the time to make good movies they choose instead to churn out shitty ones for cash. Superhero movies should be more than the one dimensional garbage you see Marvel release every year. But I suppose this is more a reflection of our society paying for it than the studios that produce it. Same goes for the current state of video games. See Far Cry 5.

See Nolan's trilogy for a real super hero film experience. Done the right way.

Again I apologize if I sound like a douche but this poo is just so hard to swallow now a days. We need more David Simon's in this world.

On 3/31/2018 at 8:17 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

meh, the superhero movie genre is beyond played out at this point

All of Marvel MCU movies gross close to a billion dollars each and some even over (Black panther recently) also selling pre sale tickets in a matter of minutes. There is not a hotter genre far as movies are concerned right now so "played out" is so far from the truth. 

21 hours ago, Dex said:

Considering film is an art form I'll agree with you here with just one small caveat...

you're wrong and I hate you.

Some film is art, some is just entertainment.  :)

Btw, IMO, Captain America Civil War and Winter Soldier were better than any of the Nolan Trilogy movies, except the Dark Knight.  If I ranked them, from top to bottom

The Dark Knight

Civil War

Winter Soldier

Batman Begins

The first Avenger

Dark Knight rises

But I liked all of them.  

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Some film is art, some is just entertainment.  :)

Btw, IMO, Captain America Civil War and Winter Soldier were better than any of the Nolan Trilogy movies, except the Dark Knight.  If I ranked them, from top to bottom

The Dark Knight

Civil War

Winter Soldier

Batman Begins

The first Avenger

Dark Knight rises

But I liked all of them.  

I had to turn off Civil War halfway through it was so cringe. That was the most lax "civil war" I've ever seen. Marvel is so afraid to take risks and piss people off all you get is fluff with no substance.

I still respect your opinion though.

On 3/31/2018 at 8:58 PM, Panthers8969 said:

All of the first round picks, especially ours and the ones before ours, are really interesting to me. 

I can see see how it might not be to others though

Yep I love it. Especially day 1 and 2. Day 3 sucks to watch because the analyst are not even paying attention to the draft  so I just check my phone for updates. 

Look, I love football and especially the draft, but there is no decision to make here for me. I've been a HUGE fan of the Marvel movies since day one and Infinity War has been 10 years in the making and could legitimately be one of the biggest movies of all time.

Plus, barring a trade-up (unlikely) the Panthers won't pick until later in the night anyway, so there's a decent chance you can get home in time for our pick, depending on the movie showtime.

I do think the way the NFL schedules the draft is pretty stupid, though. They should put it on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights. I guarantee you they'd get better ratings - especially for days 2 and 3 - considering they'd likely get a lot more casual fans on those nights vs. airing on Friday night and Saturday afternoon when mostly the hardcore fans are likely to watch.

Archived