• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should seriously think about trading Funchess for a competent Guard.

Snake

Never mortgage a long-term asset to fix a temporary problem. 

Starting tackles, even RTs, aren't just walking around out there waiting for phone call. No team wants to lose theirs and no one is sitting on one in reserve. 

You train up this season's RT and you adjust the offensive game plan to accomodate. 

People wrote off our passing game when Benjamin blew out his knee. We adjusted and definitely overcame. 

We can do it again.

People need to stop comparing this to the KB injury. An injury to the line can affect the whole line. That's 5 positions. A tackle is even worse because they keep the pass rushers off of your QB. All that combined with Rivera's lack of judgement when it comes to the o-line is very concerning. 

23 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I'd rather trade Vernon Butler than Funchess.

Me too, and I think it's actually a valid idea, but with Butler's situation (as well as a largely unproven track record [with an injury or two]), I don't know who/what we'd get for him.

Or we can see who gets cut, see how camp goes, see if anyone steps up, see how the first few weeks of the season go, and make a move at the trade deadline if need be.  

Trade Funch, a guy who has shown potential, is still young, etc. , and we're an injury away from calling up Bersin to be our #3 WR.  Can't count on Byrd, can't count on Samuel...so you've got two average at best veterans with Torrey and Jarius, and a rookie who will struggle at times in Moore.  Good call, OP. 

28 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Or we can see who gets cut, see how camp goes, see if anyone steps up, see how the first few weeks of the season go, and make a move at the trade deadline if need be.  

Trade Funch, a guy who has shown potential, is still young, etc. , and we're an injury away from calling up Bersin to be our #3 WR.  Can't count on Byrd, can't count on Samuel...so you've got two average at best veterans with Torrey and Jarius, and a rookie who will struggle at times in Moore.  Good call, OP. 

Bersin isn’t making the team and in no scenario will he ever be the wr3

Great idea... let’s get rid of basically the only wr Cam has any experience throwing to. I’m pretty sure we now have an OC who will work around any weaknesses we have on the o-line. 

Cam will take hits regardless of who’s playing LG, don’t forget who the starting LT is

Archived