• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brendan Mahon - Someone Bring Us (Me) Up to Speed

SetfreexX

As most of us are aware by now Amini is undergoing surgery for the torn ligament in his knee. 

After the draft there were a few people excited over the UDFA Brendan Mahon, when you consider we have had Larsen on the roster who's been serviceable in place of Ryan Kalil, Greg Van Roten who saw some time at Guard for us last season, and the veteran from MIN Jeremiah Sirles, one has to wonder what exactly Mahon has been showing in camp that's elevated him past guys who are at least veteran options, but was for a reason or another behind a guy like Amini who I don't consider any better than the other veteran options. 

I haven't heard or seen much in Igo's write ups, so for the ''hog molly'' enthusiast out there tell me about the new starter at Left Guard and if there's any reason to even be slightly excited for the kid. 

13 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Slightly related: Is Dorian Johnson hurt or something? Because I had high hopes for him and haven't seen a single story or even a tweet about his performance.

Yea wasn't there a long ass offseason thread about how awesome he was going to be? Haven't heard a single thing about him during training camp

3 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

What I have pieced together from the comments:

1) Amini is terrible

2) Anyone else would be better

3) Norwell was a UDFA

4) Mahon is a UDFA

5) Because #3 and #4 are true, Mahon is future all-pro

Your deductive  reasoning skills are off...those who watched him play at PSU are excited because we saw what the guy can do.  He ya a very solid OL...nothing to do with being an UDFA.

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

Where did I miss he was having surgery and that he tore a ligament? I thought it was a meniscal tear and that he was going to be evaluated “week to week?”

You're correct that it's not a ligament, but he is having surgery.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article216232320.html

Medical tests revealed Silatolu has a torn meniscus in his left knee and will undergo surgery, the team said later Tuesday. Sports medicine doctors generally say it takes a minimum of four to six weeks to recover from such procedures.

Archived