• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams not likely to return from IR, according to Steve Reed

Saca312

36 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Going to make for interesting contract negotiations.

They could just do the opposite of what they did with M Kalil. Sign a deal with a decent signing bonus, lots of incentives for playing time, with say, a nice roster bonus for the 3rd year. With outs built into each year. Protects the team, gives William some money up front and really good money if he stays healthy.

8 minutes ago, falconidae said:

They could just do the opposite of what they did with M Kalil. Sign a deal with a decent signing bonus, lots of incentives for playing time, with say, a nice roster bonus for the 3rd year. With outs built into each year. Protects the team, gives William some money up front and really good money if he stays healthy.

Thats a great deal for us with little risk, but he's gonna want 30+ million guaranteed so then what do we tell him?  Do we tell him to hit the road or do we suck it up?  It only takes one team flush with cash to get him. It'll be Norwell all over since there are even fewer productive tackles in their prime hitting free agency. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Doesn't sound like any of these injuries are actually all that serious. No mention of damage to the "big stuff". ACL, patellar ligament, etc.

There's never any guarantee of health for a football player, but in terms of long-term prognosis I don't see teams devaluing him too much. I think only one year of performance and being a year removed from that will hurt his value more than injury concern.

Didn't we say similar things when he was injured before?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn't we say similar things when he was injured before?

And it was true. He was back out there quickly and then got smashed again either a blatantly dirty move. I know we all gnashed our teeth wondering if we'd rushed him back to soon, but honestly if you get hit like that you're getting hurt no matter what.

I think our future is Moton at LT and Williams at RT. If his medicals clear next year, I'm ok bringing him back, and probably on a cheaper deal than we initially thought. In a contract year, he unfortunately could not max out his value. 

IMO, our OL, if Williams comes back is more or less a LG short of a pretty stout young OL moving forward. Moton-Van Roten-Larsen-Turner-Williams. 

By the same token, if Moton can't hack it at RT and Turner's second concussion in as many years begin to take a toll....along with Williams either not being healthy or too expensive, than our OL is in shambles -- beyond anything Matt Kalil could even have anything to do with. 

Archived