• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope this is not true

LegioX

6 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Makes sense long term. Keep RR and Cam together until Cams contract comes up. If the results are still mediocre then you get a new coach and QB.

Or just get a better head coach to work with Cam immediately.

There have been more than a few examples of QBs going through staff changes. Rivera and Newton are not tied at the hip, as much as Ron probably wants to be.

35 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Tepper knows what he is doing, it is his investment.  He may be shopping Ron behind the scenes, hey we got Ron locked up so if you want him it will cost you.   Lets be honest most of NFL teams had a disappointing season this year and they could be looking for a new coach very soon.

Holy poo.

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

1 hour ago, HornetsSting said:

As I said, this Rivera/Panthers relationship is like a married, miserable couple who stay together because of the kids.. Never ends well for anyone

It could be like a couple that works through their problems.   

If your married for any extended period of time their are going to be rocky points invariably.  It's not all a fairy tale.  As long as it's not physically abusive,  people who have the strength to fix their marriage should be commended because it takes thinking about someone other then yourself and it takes two.

If you're someone who's trying to bolt after the first disagreement...you'll never be happily married.

Rivera gets a chance at redemption, and he better be making breakfast in bed and offering up a little bit of morning gag to fix it.

giphy.gif.4d28dd1883c762eb4bbfa945018d02a7.gif

1 hour ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Tepper knows what he is doing, it is his investment.  He may be shopping Ron behind the scenes, hey we got Ron locked up so if you want him it will cost you.   Lets be honest most of NFL teams had a disappointing season this year and they could be looking for a new coach very soon.

No....just no

It's really hard for me to see Rivera staying even looking at it objectively. He's had three GMs he couldn't make it with, he hasn't kept either side of the ball consistent, he isn't good at beating his division opponents, and he's proven he can't win a SB. All this with every game this year after the Steelers being a blunder I just don't see it. How can you as a owner say I want this man as we rebuild the next two or three years?

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's really hard for me to see Rivera staying even looking at it objectively. He's had three GMs he couldn't make it with, he hasn't kept either side of the ball consistent, he isn't good at beating his division opponents, and he's proven he can't win a SB. All this with every game this year after the Steelers being a blunder I just don't see it. How can you as a owner say I want this man as we rebuild the next two or three years?

Ask around the league, man. Rivera is a respected coach in every city.

Because he’s a free win. Playing the Panthers is like having a second bye week. 

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

This.  And I just don’t see how you keep a coach and GM who start 6-2 and then drop  7 straight games.  Someone’s getting fired for that.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Keeping Ron because they’re isn’t anyone “better” is just lazy. They’re better coaches out there if you look hard enough. Just because they aren’t crowned by the media as the next guy doesn’t mean they don’t exist. 

Yea it's always funny isn't it. Those people who say stupid poo like there aren't better coaches never say when the new good coaches take over. So they have no idea what's what. Literally 0 people saying there aren't better options called any of the good hires ever. 0 times. They have NO idea who will be a good HC or not. None.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

they are keeping coaches because of the reality......there isn't much out there in the coaching world.   Making a bad move just to be making a move isn't actually a good thing.  

Check the teams that hired new coaches last offseason.

Our offensive and defensive lines are jokes.  That isn't a coaching issue.  Can't win in the NFL when both stink

I disagree that the OL issue isn’t a coaching issue. The Seahawks have had some of the worst OLs in the league and they consistently make the playoffs. 7 of the last 8 seasons I think. Carroll knows how to get the most out of and work around bad players.

3 hours ago, coralreefer_1 said:

It says nothing. The article says "expected" to stay...etc etc. Until there is an official statement otherwise about RR being let go..then of course it is "expected" he will stay..and writers will do what they do.  This is now so called "news" and forums work. 95% speculation for clicks and hits. It works!

Notice how it says "

Clearly, ownership of both teams have decided that staying the course works best for now." Yahoo Sports - 

All that means is that neither teams' management has made a move yet. The season isn't over. So of course they make a sensational title for clicks...then note in this sentence that us fools that get upset should notice the subtle note that " staying the course works best for NOW~

Edited 12 minutes ago by LegioX

Staying the course FOR NOW usually means the coach is being retained, which I have been expecting all along

Archived