• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers had Grier ahead of Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones

ncfan

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/29/2019-draft-wrapup-dave-gettleman-giants-daniel-jones-josh-rosen-dolphins-trade?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb

"Speaking of long-held affections, the Panthers’ love for local kid Will Grier was well-documented. How much did they love him? I’m told he was the third-ranked quarterback on Carolina’s board, behind only Lock and Haskins."

Just now, firefox1234 said:

All that matters is the one time Hurney needed to hit the mark at QB he did and we got Cam and hopefully this guy wont need to start anytime soon.

Yep! Cam was most certainly a bigger risk with bigger stakes. 

I also think that the Turner effect is larger than many realize, and that's  probably a good thing. They know a little more than Hurney does about quarterbacks.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Norv does. I'm not convinced on Scott yet.

I'm not either, but, I'm willing to roll with the experiment.  If Norv gives us a few years with Scott around, and we then give Scott a couple years, maybe we end up with the next Norv.  If not, we replace Scott with someone else.  It gives us Norv, and Cam has needed that kind of help since Chud left.

Archived