• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier looking better than expected.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Glad he’s working out but not looking forward to what will come with it.  Some misguided individuals will sooner than later dream up a nonsensical “controversy”.  My bet is by game 2 of preseason. 

Would rather have a nonsensical qb “controversy” than what we have had at backup qb since DA left. 

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Why would we trade a guy who could possibly be our starting qb when Cam inevitably departs the Panthers ?

What does that even mean? Unless cam just dies Grier will be just a trading piece or backup like Anderson. I don't think his future Is with the Panthers. Best case is a trade.

2 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Glad he’s working out but not looking forward to what will come with it.  Some misguided individuals will sooner than later dream up a nonsensical “controversy”.  My bet is by game 2 of preseason. 

I'm going to be a bit more cautious and say Cam's first incompletion of the regular season

1 hour ago, dpm0409 said:

Good problems to have if Grier does pan out to be legit.

I'd take a Favre/Rodgers situation or a Brady/Garoppolo situation.  Both benefit the Panthers in either a legit starting QB when Cam is done OR Cam plays much longer than anyone expects him to (and plays well) and then we cash in on trade assets.  I'm good with it.

Lol no this is a awful compariasion. How old was Farve when that situation transpired? Rodgers was drafted to be Farves successor in the first round for a old QB. Grier was drafted as an insurance policy in case cam isn't healthy in the 3rd round. Even if we have a few positive tweets in a week there is a stark difference between the two and between there talents as far as we know.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So Will Grier is looking better than anyone expected at this point. Spoke to a guy inside the org that said he is doing things they did not expect of him this early in camp. 

The nice thing is that he is the same type of passer that Cam is. Really nice tough on the deep balls, perfect for Norv's system. Would not do so well in a west coast style offense. 

Can't wait to see what the kid has in preseason. 

Would make for a tremendous insurance policy this season.

21 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Lol no this is a awful compariasion. How old was Farve when that situation transpired? Rodgers was drafted to be Farves successor in the first round for a old QB. Grier was drafted as an insurance policy in case cam isn't healthy in the 3rd round. Even if we have a few positive tweets in a week there is a stark difference between the two and between there talents as far as we know.

Simply comparing potential positive situations/scenarios.  Not necessarily the players themselves....I did preface my last post by saying "IF Grier turns out to be legit".

Archived