• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Bradberry: Playing at a high-level.

ellis

41 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I expect numerous double moves from Fuller come Sunday. I bet they try and recreate the blown coverage where Donte bit and tried to jump the route leaving the guy wide open down the sideline only to drop it. 

If I were the Panthers' coaching staff I would anticipate this as well and adjust coverages with the idea that they will be looking to bait Jackson for a big play (allowing him to bite) and eat that sh*t up.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bradberry is as solid and consistent as they come. He's not going to make many spectacular plays but he's not going to make many spectacularly awful plays either. He just quietly does his job. Dante is the polar opposite on the other side. He's going to make a lot of splash plays, but he's a riverboat gambler at CB and he's going to get burned badly occasionally because of it.

We've got the yin and yang of corners. I like it.

2 hours ago, ellis said:

He’s not getting a lot of targets. But when he does, he’s maximizing every snap. That’s what I am impressed by the most. Now that Jackson’s put up some good tape, opponents have to reconsider their options a bit. 

One of the most undervalued stats on CBs is number of targets. Good ones cause an opposing team to shift away from them. It isn't as flashy as INTs but it can mean even more over the course of a game and/or season. Chris Gamble was the ultimate silent assassin. Opposing teams just quit trying his side of the field and he very quietly had an excellent career, but one that is criminally underappreciated.

14 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

One of the most undervalued stats on CBs is number of targets. Good ones cause an opposing team to shift away from them. It isn't as flashy as INTs but it can mean even more over the course of a game and/or season. Chris Gamble was the ultimate silent assassin. Opposing teams just quit trying his side of the field and he very quietly had an excellent career, but one that is criminally underappreciated.

Remember this is exactly what happened when Josh Norman was here and finally came into his own.  The first few games of the year Josh had numerous interceptions and pick 6's.  After that, they basically avoided his side of the field entirely.

I don't think Bradberry will ever be THAT good, he just doesn't get the turnovers.  But what he does do is give the QB the idea that his guy just isn't open.  In this, I think that the comparison to Chris Gamble is an excellent one.

If all Bradberry ever does is become another Chris Gamble, that's a huge win for our team.

18 hours ago, ellis said:

It’s my Twitter.  My site: No ads. No subscriptions. I’m just here sharing information.  I’m not driving for subscribers, or profit, or even followers.

But if it bothers people, I won’t do it. 

Just trying to help drive the conversations along for this place. Again, no big deal. I can stop.

Holy poo, please don’t listen to the trolls.    You’re content is awesome.  Love what you’re doing.  

17 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

The longer we wait, the higher his price tag gets. I don’t understand why it hasn’t already been done.

Well, the hopeful answer to your question is that Tepper isn't letting Marty near the checkbook.

That's my hunch.  Then again, Ron has never proven to really value the secondary, so we aren't sure if we have a meddlesome owner, a dumb coach, or a hamstrung Marty.

21 hours ago, ellis said:

It’s my Twitter.  My site: No ads. No subscriptions. I’m just here sharing information.  I’m not driving for subscribers, or profit, or even followers.

But if it bothers people, I won’t do it. 

Just trying to help drive the conversations along for this place. Again, no big deal. I can stop.

Don’t stop doing what you’re doing. You’re one of the few that people can actually look forward to hearing from.

20 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

The longer we wait, the higher his price tag gets. I don’t understand why it hasn’t already been done.

I brought this up in a post earlier this off season. If I were in charge I'd be trying to extend him right now if possible.

My worst fear is that we'll hit an impasse in the negotiations and he'll test the market. Then we'll get the news that Belichik has signed him to play on the other side of Stephen Gilmore up in New England. What a nightmare that would be for the rest of the NFL.

James isn't flashy; he goes to work everyday and does his job without bringing any attention to himself. His personality is tailor made for a franchise that constantly stresses team first and lives by the slogan "DO YOU JOB!"

Archived