• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam to IR

KillaCamNewton

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yes---he was unusually invisible for the past several weeks--not cheering on the team, not on the sideline (to the best of my knowledge).  There seems to be something more to this than meets the eye. 

He was on the sideline for the SF game.

Doctors advised against him traveling with the team to away games and standing/jumping on the sidelines for hours.

There isn't anything more to it than that. Let's hold up on crying wolf.

IMO, and the franchise knows this, Cam is still valuable beyond measure when healthy, so you gave to give him a chance to have the job back.  I've seen several interviews with Tepper, and I believe one was even on AON, where he talked about smart calculated risks...  he was explaining how that's how he made his money and you can apply the same principles in life.  If there was ever a time for him to put that principle into action, it's now...  I'm just hoping his calculated risk here will be to give Cam his job back next season when he's healthy rather than giving Kyle the job and letting Cam walk.

Don't think Tepper doesn't notice the empty stands and sees the correlation with Cam's absence.  When Jourdan tweeted about the attendance Sunday, I tweeted back it was because of Cam...  he's electric and bigger-than-life.  People knew when you went to the stadium and he's playing, you're gonna see something you probably never saw before.  Now, not so much.  CMC is amazing, but he's not Cam - one big difference obviously being he's a RB versus Cam having the ball as the QB every snap.  JMO...  but, I hope Tepper does the right thing.

I hate to hear this but he needs to take his time and recover. That foot injury is a rough one. I honestly don’t think he is done in Carolina. He will be back for one more year to see what happens. In the meantime, let’s all get behind Kyle and hope he carry us to the playoffs. Keep pounding 

Archived