• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Head Coach Opportunity per ESPN Radio

Wolfcop

Sorry, I didn't catch their names, but its live now. Both talking heads agreed...

The Panthers have the most attractive current opening.

Owner, who is largely an unknown at the moment, has big money and potential

Easy place to attract free agents

A lot of pieces in place to succeed (I know this is debatable,  but there are at least a few key pieces that will help take us through this transition).

There was a caveat that they felt Cam would be back, which is the great unknown of course.

I just wanted to share this bit of positivity in light of some of the negative pub and current feelings. Hang in there Panthers fans. We have pulled ourselves out of the pit before.

Happy New Year!

It’s more attractive than the Browns. Some would argue it’s more attractive than Dallas, if the Cowboys part ways with Garrett. Objectively, I’m not sure if I would agree with that. Every coach has their own preference for what they want. There are a lot of factors. 

I’ll say this: the “unknown” part about a new owner wouldn’t be a good selling point. I’m not sure I would shy away from that, if I was a candidate. But it certainly wouldn’t be an attractive element. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Sorry, I didn't catch their names, but its live now. Both talking heads agreed...

The Panthers have the most attractive current opening.

Owner, who is largely an unknown at the moment, has big money and potential

Easy place to attract free agents

A lot of pieces in place to succeed (I know this is debatable,  but there are at least a few key pieces that will help take us through this transition).

I just wanted to share this bit of positivity in light of some of the negative pub and current feelings. Hang in there Panthers fans. We have pull ourselves out of the pit before.

Happy New Year!

Really? I've been getting the vibe around here that we have Independence High Schools VJ scout team.

I'd say it's a good opportunity, though I'll grant that ESPN will probably change their choice of "best" to Dallas if and when that job opens up.

We kind of caught a break in that we're searching in a year when there aren't many other opportunities. Only three other teams are competing for talent. One is already finished, though one more might still happen.

31 minutes ago, ellis said:

It’s more attractive than the Browns. Some would argue it’s more attractive than Dallas, if the Cowboys part ways with Garrett. Objectively, I’m not sure if I would agree with that. Every coach has their own preference for what they want. There are a lot of factors. 

I’ll say this: the “unknown” part about a new owner wouldn’t be a good selling point. I’m not sure I would shy away from that, if I was a candidate. But it certainly wouldn’t be an attractive element. 

Ellis you are someone whose opinion on league wide matters and objectivity I respect. Other than prestige based on accomplishments that were literally a generation or more ago, what makes Dallas an attractive place to coach?

I realize with Prescott they have a more solid qb situation than most places  with openings, but it’s not exactly like he’s a world beater, just not as bad as the bottom third of the league. Yes they have an outstanding oline, which is a plus, but mot teams have some talent somewhere on their roster if they aren’t picking top 5, and I honestly don’t get why this place is regarded as a desirable place to coach unless you’re just a media attention whore.

Enlighten me if you would sir.

18 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Ellis you are someone whose opinion on league wide matters and objectivity I respect. Other than prestige based on accomplishments that were literally a generation or more ago, what makes Dallas an attractive place to coach?

I realize with Prescott they have a more solid qb situation than most places  with openings, but it’s not exactly like he’s a world beater, just not as bad as the bottom third of the league. Yes they have an outstanding oline, which is a plus, but mot teams have some talent somewhere on their roster if they aren’t picking top 5, and I honestly don’t get why this place is regarded as a desirable place to coach unless you’re just a media attention whore.

Enlighten me if you would sir.

Not ellis.

Owner has a sense of loyalty. Next coach will not be on a two year prove it deal. He will pay to get talent and as you mention the team is already legit. And if you like the spotlight you certainly have that. Plus the NFCE is for the taking...

Not good, not bad situation. It’s the unknowns. Unknown QB with and untested owner.

Mix in an inexperienced NFL coach (like an up and coming college coach) and that is a lot of pressure and unknowns. Even for a coordinator that will be progressing is going to be tough.

Some pieces are in place but the biggest ones are not (QB, oline, NT).

As much as I want and up and coming name instead of a retread I can see why someone with NFL HC experience would be important.

1 hour ago, ellis said:

These unknown portion should be resolved during the interview process. If coaches start running for the hills, that would be a bad sign. 

Archived