• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FS1 comments on Burrow Trevor and Tua

raleigh-panther

4 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

How do you know everyone on the Huddle has a big nose?

Oh you meant the guy in the clip. Completely different from Huddle experts.

5 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Oh you meant the guy in the clip. Completely different from Huddle experts.

5 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Huddle experts.

green arrow laughing GIF

joe burrow made throws in the national championship game that half the nfl quarterbacks starting in the league can't make with regularity. his touch is next level special and that's the direction that the nfl is moving. it's about putting the ball in locations on the field that the defense can't get to based on their formations. arm strength has to be adequate enough to accomplish that, but there's a reason why 40 year old quarterbacks are able to play in this league and have success. they lost their fastball years ago, but they are able to locate the ball with precision. 

1 minute ago, bobowilson said:

Tua will have a much better career than Burrow, and it won't even be close

Burrow will be competent, Tua can be an all time great

As long as he’s the first NFL qb who can answer in the affirmative to a question we usually direct to Nana when she’s in the nursing home:

”How’s your hip?”

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

*cough*

Ryan Leaf

*cough*

I was one of those young dumb-dumbs that believe Leaf >>> Manning. I learned a great lesson about mental strength and hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard. Leaf was not ready and super lazy, its amazing by talent alone he lasted as long as he did. Of course Jerry Jones gave him a few chances.  A couple years ago Leaf FINALLY figured it out, better late than never I guess. 

Manning was the greatest regular season QB in NFL history.

Burrow will probably go number one.  Maybe he has a good career, maybe not.

Let's not forget however that the guy is a 5th year senior who transferred.  Couldn't beat out Cardale Jones, JT Barrett or Dwayne Haskins at Ohio State.  In his first year at LSU, threw at a 57% completion rate.

The guy had a terrific year, the best ever.  He even did it against great competition.  But it's one year.  That gives me a lot of pause because the year was SOOOOO out of character for him.

Now, it does speak well for our new OC.  He was the only change on the offensive side for them, and man, that was an impressive season.

23 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Burrow will probably go number one.  Maybe he has a good career, maybe not.

Let's not forget however that the guy is a 5th year senior who transferred.  Couldn't beat out Cardale Jones, JT Barrett or Dwayne Haskins at Ohio State.  In his first year at LSU, threw at a 57% completion rate.

The guy had a terrific year, the best ever.  He even did it against great competition.  But it's one year.  That gives me a lot of pause because the year was SOOOOO out of character for him.

Now, it does speak well for our new OC.  He was the only change on the offensive side for them, and man, that was an impressive season.

I think some athletes just hit their potential later on life. And sons just need to be in the right position to succeed. 

Its a tiresome example but it’s used repeatedly for a reason. Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time but was only a 6th round pick and couldn’t beat out Bledsoe. 

Joe Brady made him who he is. Without Brady, he's a decent QB. With Brady he wins awards, sets records, and wins a championship. 

Discuss this:

Was it 1) the right combo, was it 2) all Burrows, or was it 3) all Brady?

If it was all Burrows, we hired the wrong guy as OC. If it was either of the other two options, then Burrows isn't worth what it would take to get him and we can find another decent QB for Brady to work his magic on.

Archived