• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. It's already widespread, we just don't realize it yet. 80% of cases are symptomless or mild. Most of those people likely haven't even been to the doctor. The ones who have were likely diagnosed with a cold and told to rest up.

I know every one presents differently, but I just watched an interview with a guy who tested positive for it from that cruise ship Princess...  he said what was weird about it was he just developed a cough and fever.  He said no body aches, head aches, or sinus stuff.  His fever was 103° and broke in 8 hours, and he said he was drained afterwards but that's it.

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I know every one presents differently, but I just watched an interview with a guy who tested positive for it from that cruise ship Princess...  he said what was weird about it was he just developed a cough and fever.  He said no body aches, head aches, or sinus stuff.  His fever was 103° and broke in 8 hours, and he said he was drained afterwards but that's it.

I saw the same. He's still somewhat quarantined, though. But his wife didn't get it at all (yet.)

• Pie 1

People reading this don’t read into the posters here playing it down. Think about the people in your life who are at risk for this virus. Your grandparents, your 60+ year old parents, family members and friends with underlying health conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure. They are at risk for this virus being serious. The issue is hospitals getting overloaded all at once. This is what happened in Italy. And now they are choosing who lives and who dies because they don’t have enough medical support. 

There are only so many beds, doctors and nurses to go around. This isn’t a time to panic, it’s the time to be prepared. Isolate from those people as much as possible. Practice cleanliness. Keep yourself informed. Have a food/water stock up to two weeks. If you show ANY symptoms, fever cough sore throat. Isolate and call your doctor, urgent care or ER and tell them what’s happening. The only way we stop our healthcare system from being overloaded is if people take this serious right now. Today. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Pat McAfee said it best:  If companies that make lots of their revenue (like the NCAA Tournament) are willing to pass on the cash rather than possibly spread the disease then it must be BIG.

It's not just another "flu."  We've studied the flu for decades.  This is brand new, and we need to be mindful.  I have a friend with a medically fragile child.  If that virus get's to them, they will die.  So for some people, it's really important.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Like what was said earlier the virus will take it's course fizzle out soon enough. There was a guy(likely in his late 40's/early 50's) that was diagnosed with it and he commented on the virus saying if he would have known it was going to be this mild he would have went back to work.

• Poo 4

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Goodbye cruel world. See you on the other side. 

Video directed by Alton Brown of Good Eats fame.

Edit to correct: Nope, my bad. It was "The One I Love" video. Same timeframe, same Southern Gothic feel.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 1

Life is going to be disrupted for a while. The illness will be a big problem for the elderly and those who have underlying health conditions -- particularly those with asthma, COPD and emphysema -- life threatening in the worst cases. Most folks who catch it, however, will recover after feeling lousy for a while.

The economy will be disrupted, not just for the immediate future but also for a way on down the line as ripples throughout the supply chain affect industry and retail. Banking, lending and investing are bracing themselves for hits to their sectors as other businesses/people who run close to the margin are unable to keep up with their debts during this time. 

It will be okay, though. This isn't going to be the bubonic plague revisited, or even the 1918 Influenza pandemic. We have better medical technology, better understanding of epidemiology, better communications, better nutrition and a whole host of other items that should give everyone hope and peace of mind. Yeah, it will possibly get rough, but as much as anything for the average person it will just be a massive inconvenience for a while. For those with elderly family members or who have lung ailments, keep them in your prayers and do everything you can for them.

Until this all passes, just wash your hands, avoid big crowds and show common courtesy to those around you. The world is going to have to slow down for a bit, make the most of it.

• Pie 6