• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

12 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Well, we also don't want a second wave like the Spanish flu. 

Everyone is saying multiple waves are inevitable. They expect on and off again quarantines to control the rate of infection, but we won’t get rid of this until a large percent of the population has immunity.

We’re gonna be doing lockdowns and quarantines on and off as hospitals get on the precipice of being overloaded and then relaxed social distancing when they’re ok. This is gonna last years or until herd immunity happens (if that’s even a thing we still don’t know for sure). Vaccine isn’t gonna come in 18 months. That is crazy fast and unsafe. The quickest a vaccine has ever come out was 4 years. So I expect with more of the worlds resources going towards this it could come in 2.5 to 3 years maybe. 

people have to be able to provide for their families, people can’t stay in their homes for extreme periods of time. It’s just not feasible. We gotta find a balance and there’s gonna have to be innovative ways of dealing with this as well as time tested things like masks, proper social etiquette, ect.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Who is everyone? 

Harvard, etc. I’ve been hearing this a lot lately.

"By permitting periods of transmission that reach higher prevalence than otherwise would be possible, they allow an accelerated acquisition of herd immunity," said co-author Marc Lipsitch.

“Conversely, too much social distancing without respite can be a bad thing. 

https://www.sciencealert.com/new-study-suggests-repeated-bouts-of-social-distancing-may-be-needed-until-2022

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Tbe said:

Harvard, etc. I’ve been hearing this a lot lately.

"By permitting periods of transmission that reach higher prevalence than otherwise would be possible, they allow an accelerated acquisition of herd immunity," said co-author Marc Lipsitch.

“Conversely, too much social distancing without respite can be a bad thing. 

https://www.sciencealert.com/new-study-suggests-repeated-bouts-of-social-distancing-may-be-needed-until-2022

ThatMF'erSpittin.jpg

Edited by Wes21

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

Everyone is saying multiple waves are inevitable. They expect on and off again quarantines to control the rate of infection, but we won’t get rid of this until a large percent of the population has immunity.

Yeah, I means it's common for multiple waves to happen with many diseases, but a second wave like the Spanish flu's second wave could be devastating & no one wants to take the hit for that.

2 hours ago, Wes21 said:

ThatMF'erSpittin.jgp

7 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Yeah, I means it's common for multiple waves to happen with many diseases, but a second wave like the Spanish flu's second wave could be devastating & no one wants to take the hit for that.

Both of which were largely aftershocks of WWI, WWII especially.

There is growing evidence that countries that innoculate against TB, specifically one of a couple specific BCG strains, have improved immunity to the debilitating respiratory effects that are causing the most damage. This isn't to say TB vaccine is a cure for the illness, just that it for some reason downregulates some interleukin factors that really get ARDS going. 

Hydroxychloroquine does nothing. its MOA in wherever it's used is to stop viral reproduction. For anyone in the hospital, the damage is already done, and no ER doctors besides ones trying to get on fox news or people that have stocks. please do not try to acquire this second hand because it has some serious heart side effects and you're taking it from people who actually need it

azithromycin targets macrophages within the lungs and can slow down the bad poo but its unknown just how effective it is for this and there hasn't been a study. i'd avoid.

apparently nicotine of all things might have a protective factor but who knows. please do not start smoking

doctors are seeing a ton of thrombolytic events. people are throwing clots. No one has any idea why that's happening

people are dropping dead after only reporting kidney (lower back on the sides) pain. this is due to ACE2 receptors on the kidneys. 

• Pie 1

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine can kill. When chloroquine is used as an anti-malaria, it is given in relatively small doses over a period of time prior to someone being exposed to a possible malaria included environment such as Southeast Asia or the African continent. If I remember correctly, we were administered doses 6 weeks ahead of our scheduled arrival in Southeast Asia.

As little as a single gram of chloroquine can be fatal. Not sure about hydroxychloroquine, but I'm sure it's also potentially deadly.

59 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

There is growing evidence that countries that innoculate against TB, specifically one of a couple specific BCG strains, have improved immunity to the debilitating respiratory effects that are causing the most damage. This isn't to say TB vaccine is a cure for the illness, just that it for some reason downregulates some interleukin factors that really get ARDS going. 

Hydroxychloroquine does nothing. its MOA in wherever it's used is to stop viral reproduction. For anyone in the hospital, the damage is already done, and no ER doctors besides ones trying to get on fox news or people that have stocks. please do not try to acquire this second hand because it has some serious heart side effects and you're taking it from people who actually need it

azithromycin targets macrophages within the lungs and can slow down the bad poo but its unknown just how effective it is for this and there hasn't been a study. i'd avoid.

apparently nicotine of all things might have a protective factor but who knows. please do not start smoking

doctors are seeing a ton of thrombolytic events. people are throwing clots. No one has any idea why that's happening

people are dropping dead after only reporting kidney (lower back on the sides) pain. this is due to ACE2 receptors on the kidneys. 

I knew my dip habit would one day pay off. Lol.