• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If your the GM who are you trading for ?

Calboyz13

44 minutes ago, Rockahype said:

1. CMC is already a household name. Burns and Brown are well on their way to being respected by people who matter. Chinn just won DROTM. Robby is currently a top 10 receiver. DJ is just outside that even with Teddy almost completely ignoring him.

2. Again, Christian McCaffrey. Ever heard of him?

Yeah, kinda. I'm a BB supporter and I wanted Brown but neither have made their names yet, I know they will, neither are there yet.

A running back being your best player is sooooo 1980's. That can't really fly in today's NFL, they take too much of a pounding to not have two or three to get you through the season. Overpaid position wise but much loved.

Robby is a good receiver, not great (due to his slight frame). DJ should be the focus and would be a star on another team IMO.

Chinn plays with great heart but still a little undersized.

Can't agree, no real stars aside from CMC yet. Too many undersized guys. MLB is way too light in the pants. They have to refocus on freak of nature types instead of scrappy overachievers.

Fourth or possibly a third round pick for Njoku, if we don’t trade for a TE we will most likely draft one around that range anyway and I think there is almost no chance one of the TE’s in this draft around that range can compare to Njoku anyway.

People love to say you should aquire picks and picks are the end all be all. But if you look at it logically, picks 1-3 are the real impact rounds. Those would be the ones you would not want to trade and aquire.. but if your telling me I can get a proven talent 4-7 range I take it all day. Yes you can get lucky and find a stud that late.

But it isn't likely. Those picks are darts your throwing a a board. We have cut guys drafted at those point before going into the season. So I dont get the picks I wouldnt trade mantra. If I can get a Avery Williamson, or a proven vet 27-30 years old around there im taking it.

If I am GM for the day I am ferociously looking for a replacement GM, and hiring them before the day is done to set up the Panthers long term with competency from that standpoint. A decent GM will help this team out leaps and bounds more than any contract Marty Meatballs hands out. Get this 'rebuild' started out right and get the stench of mediocrity out of the building for good. 

46 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

People love to say you should aquire picks and picks are the end all be all. But if you look at it logically, picks 1-3 are the real impact rounds. Those would be the ones you would not want to trade and aquire.. but if your telling me I can get a proven talent 4-7 range I take it all day. Yes you can get lucky and find a stud that late.

But it isn't likely. Those picks are darts your throwing a a board. We have cut guys drafted at those point before going into the season. So I dont get the picks I wouldnt trade mantra. If I can get a Avery Williamson, or a proven vet 27-30 years old around there im taking it.

If you are getting a proven vet for a 4th to 7th there’s typically a contract issue (big or last year). Chances are if that team was dumping they’ll likely release that player anyway as they’d be in the building stage. Giving up a pick for us where we are only makes sense if you are getting young potential on a rookie deal with some time left. Problem is that’s a unicorn and chances are the building team would want the same thing.

Honestly, probably just best that we sit on our hands or make a trade for anyone we don’t see on the team next year. We are about to be 3-6 or 3-7. We aren’t going to find a unicorn, so save the picks. Getting a George Kittle magic hit is more impactful than getting a Ross Cockrell. Those guys are available almost every year in FA.

On 11/1/2020 at 1:39 PM, Untouchable said:

Quinnen Williams or Larry Ogunjobi.

I'd consider going after Leighton Vander Esch too.

All good fits. I think Larry would love to move back home too. His family's still here and he comes through regularly. 

We're not going anywhere anytime soon so draft picks and young guys needs to be the move. 

Just now, MechaZain said:

All good fits. I think Larry would love to move back home too. His family's still here and he comes through regularly. 

We're not going anywhere anytime soon so draft picks and young guys needs to be the move. 

Browns probably aren't sellers and Larry is on an expiring contact so I'm sure his price is too right now, but he's someone to consider in free agency this offseason. He's a very good 3 technique and should pair well with DB.

If you look into 2021 as you pick, you might be getting rid of a few veterans that are not producing up to their pay grades:  So I put the following on the block:

TRADE:

• 1. Shaq Thompson.  He is probably worth half of his deal, and on a team headed for a 6-10 season, a team looking to improve a defense might jump.  His cap number jumps to $14m and will average $15m over the next 3 seasons if we keep him.
  • 2. Stephen Weatherly.  He will count $8m vs the cap next year. 

So you trade for picks and you dump over $20m in cap--if you can find a taker for either.

For the remainder of the season, we can go with what we have at DE/OLB and let Carter get some PT at LB.  

In the draft, go for MLB and T early.  Go for a C and DE in the middle rounds.  Cut KK, Paradis, and let Okung walk.  Use the cap savings (we have a lot coming off the books next season) to bring in a G, TE, CB, S, and LB.

We still have a lot of work to do--but I think we should dump and not hoard.

Archived