• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Bucs

Jeremy Igo

This Panthers team is more or less blowout proof. We can dink and dunk and get into the redzone against any team and that eats up the clock. The problem is that we can't bully the Bucs d-line, they bully us. They also have more talent overall, and we'll likely be without CMC. I think the Bucs win this one, but it will be close.

I just can't get my head around playing to lose.  Or playing to increase your draft position.  And I don't think the players or coaches are relating to that at all.  Evidence at hand clearly points the other way.

I could see it if we were 1-8 and shooting for #1 overall but this team has been playing to win every game and overachieving by any measure.  I don't expect that to change.  This season is about learning to win with a young team and new coaches.  You don't learn how to win by purposefully tanking.  

I am hard pressed to see the upside of a win. This team is not going to the playoffs and certainly not a Super Bowl contender. Teddy Bridgewater is not a franchise QB. His lack of arm talent will always be limiting and the closer you get to the end zone, the more his arm limitations will show. However, this team has been competitive in nearly all of their games, which brings me to my greatest fear: that this team plays itself out of contention for a QB of the future. As a fan, I hate being in this position but there it is nonetheless. I am honestly hoping for a loss presaging more losses.

If we don't get pressure we are going to get absolutely killed defensively, Tom Brady will pick on that soft zone Snow loves so much. It'll be as bad as the NO game if not worse in that regard. I don't know that we force a punt this week. We'll get back on track eventually but it won't be this game, especially not against a pissed off Tom Brady who gets to play against the exact kind of defense he's shredded for nearly 2 decades. The only way they lose is if Arians learns nothing from last week and insists on not taking what we give him via long developers + some timely pressure. I think we might see our first true blowout of the season if we don't have CMC to help control the ball to keep the defense off the field.

If we can put in the same effort that we did against KC last weekend, we should win this one.

We have to remember that Tampa is betting it all on this season, we're still establishing a culture and a team here. We're ahead of schedule but very much on the tracks. Tampa is, well, underperforming. They've lost to the Saints twice, the Bears once and barely squeaked out wins against the Giants and Chargers. They did just kill the Packers, though.

We're going to make it tough on them for sure and we might just take 'em. We just have to make them punt more than twice.

Archived