• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more defending Teddy...

WOW!!

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A game manager is a guy who gets the ball to his playmakers and lets them do their job. They tend to be very smart and efficient. Brady, Brees and Montana are / were all game managers, and two of the three played in West Coast systems.

A gunslinger is a guy who takes a lot of risks, often more balls than brains. They tend to be streaky and sometimes inconsistent, capable of throwing a laser accurate pass on one play followed up by a "what the hell was that" pass on the next. Brett Favre is probably the quintessential example of this type of player.

You can win with a gunslinger type, and they're certainly exciting to watch, but the most consistent winners tend to be guys like Brady and Brees.

Just to add I’d say game managers are also able to go through multiple progressions and they’re able to read and react to coverages. 

Brady’s system is better suited for a Bridgewater type. 

Like you said, you can win with both but in the right system and the right QB the “game manager” will probably end up being more consistent in the long run. At the end of the day it’s really a team game.

Now with all of that said... Teddy missed 3 throws that he cannot miss if this system/duo is going to work. The first one to DJ on the deep over, need to have it but we got 6 on that drive anyways. 

The other two? The double move by Robby should’ve been a walk-in for 6. Then obviously the other was the last one to Moore on 3rd down. Both should’ve been easy touchdowns. 

I really don’t have much of a problem with the coaching today. The plays were there to be made but between Teddy and Slye (at the very end) they didn’t finish.

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Just to add I’d say game managers are also able to go through multiple progressions and they’re able to read and react to coverages. 

Brady’s system is better suited for a Bridgewater type. 

Like you said, you can win with both but in the right system and the right QB the “game manager” will probably end up being more consistent in the long run. At the end of the day it’s really a team game.

Now with all of that said... Teddy missed 3 throws that he cannot miss if this system/duo is going to work. The first one to DJ on the deep over, need to have it but we got 6 on that drive anyways. 

The other two? The double move by Robby should’ve been a walk-in for 6. Then obviously the other was the last one to Moore on 3rd down. Both should’ve been easy touchdowns. 

I really don’t have much of a problem with the coaching today. The plays were there to be made but between Teddy and Slye (at the very end) they didn’t finish.

Bridgewater is definitely the right style of quarterback for the system that we run.

Does he have good enough ability? Signs point to no, especially in the fourth quarter.

I think one of the bigger issues is that people confuse an exciting quarterback with an effective quarterback. Yeah, it's fun to watch a guy like Brett Favre, but a guy like Tom Brady wins a lot more games.

If I've gotta choose between a quarterback who's got a cannon for an arm versus a quarterback who's got a computer for a brain, I'll take option two.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

No defending him? Yes he missed a late TD. But he also got us in position to win. Loss is on Slye and Brady and Snow.

After hearing all week "yeah, but" about PJ's Red Zone interceptions, we're just going to ignore that Teddy throws a killer Red Zone interception that took points off the board in what would end up being a 1 point loss.

Okay...

1 hour ago, DeSim said:

I’ve tried to defend Teddy but this is enough...he keeps missing passes that can go for easy touchdowns, I counted at least 3 today.  Not even mad about the lost, at least we dropped down a bit in the draft order now. 

I feel you. I even defended him when he missed a wide open DJ in the 1 at half for a td. I even told the wifey ( who could care less) "you can't blame Teddy because we all know 40 yards is outside his safe zone". But enough is enough. I now officially think he's a very good backup, but nothing more.

20 minutes ago, trueblade said:

After hearing all week "yeah, but" about PJ's Red Zone interceptions, we're just going to ignore that Teddy throws a killer Red Zone interception that took points off the board in what would end up being a 1 point loss.

Okay...

also took 4 points off the board with that awful pass to a wide open moore that would have sealed the win but instead possibly ended the guy's season

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Fans aren't going to react well after how this all went down.

Better solve the QB debacle asap.

This ain't going nowhere. Downgrading for downgrading sake.

That stadium will stay empty if this is what your feeding us.

This product was quite predictable after he was signed in the first place. Least interesting and/or inspiring QB signing they could have made.

One change from the usual today...

In today's game, Bridgewater started off bad, stayed bad pretty much through the first half, was decent for a good portion of the second half, then (minus one really good pass) fell off again as we got to the late fourth quarter.

In most of the other games I've seen this year, he's started off well but played worse as the game went along, leading up finally to the fourth quarter struggles like we saw today... and unfortunately have seen multiple times before.

Don't know if it's conditioning, mental fatigue or what but fading as the game gets into crunch time is not good no matter how you look at it.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When Teddy was signed I said that we basically just gave a non-fumbling Kyle Allen $60M+.

The more Teddy plays the truer this looks.

Yep yet Allen made a FORTIETH of what were giving this dude.

Teddy B literally got that big contract because he's a feel good story.  Only difference.

Archived