• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will try to Trevor. Big time.

Jeremy Igo

So what Rounds in the draft were Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady drafted? None of the above QB’s were drafted In the first round. 
2, 2, 3, 6.

However, it is difficult to find Super Bowl quality QB’s outside of the first round. It is extremely rare to find 3 possible super bowl winning QBs in the same draft class. The distance between Lawrence, Trask, et al. Could be substantial, especially considering our scout and draft board. Something tells me we will not go QB unless we trade up.

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Nowhere near great enough to warrant giving up several years of your top rounds of draft selections.

That is my point. People act as if he is so much better than anyone else that you have to have him at all costs for any price. Crazy thinking given we have seen over and over that the can miss great prospects are sometimes overshadowed or at least matched by someone chosen later in the draft. Using Luck was simply to show that even guys touted as the best college qb prospect ever, can get derailed by injury or other issues which make me question the logic of giving everything away for any college player.

22 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

I mean if we offered this years first(traded so not a lost pick) and second, next years first and second, and 2023 first that would be tempting

How is the team going to fill out the critical holes on the roster (SS, LT, C, LB S, CB) without a 1st round pick in 2022 and 2023 and no 2nd round pick in 2021 and 2022? If such a trade did go down and the other team had a good/great GM we could end creating the next great dynasty in the league while we remain a mediocre team since Trevor would have a mediocre supporting cast. I like finding hidden gems in the draft, but it's a lot easier to build a solid team with good high draft choices (1st and 2nd round picks) than low choices, undrafted players, and cast offs from other teams.

Every other year the top spot or two will “never in a millions years trade out of it. Would take a Ricky Williams draft trade. Never happen no way no how” and then sometimes it happens. You never know what the top guys on teams are thinking. It’s definitely unlikely beyond a crippling trade, but it’s not unfathomable. 

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Every other year the top spot or two will “never in a millions years trade out of it. Would take a Ricky Williams draft trade. Never happen no way no how” and then sometimes it happens. You never know what the top guys on teams are thinking. It’s definitely unlikely beyond a crippling trade, but it’s not unfathomable. 

The jaguars cut every good and decent player they had before the season in exchange for nothing

We know what they're thinking

6 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Only in years when there isn't a clear number 1 or the team in the top spot has their star QB already. Not gonna be the case this year with the freaking Jets or Jags. If Cindy had the #1 obviously they would trade for a haul of picks because they already have Burrow. 

1 hour ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

imagine if instead of trading for a braindead LT and signing the world's greatest bad quarterback we just lost all of our games as opposed to 3/4 of them. sure would suck to be in line for the greatest qb prospect in a decade.

What if....and you gotta work with me here, had started a combo of Grier and Allen all season?

Had shown KK the door?

Had not signed a backup QB to a starter money deal?

Had signed James?

Had not signed Shaq?

Had not signed Anderson?

Had held off 1 more year for resigning CMC?

and made a run at it.

Likely no worse than 3rd in the draft, with a ton of comp picks and cap space, with very little "bad" contracts out there.

But nah, we gotta let Marty try to save his job, and ultimately fail like most of us knew he would.

3 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Only in years when there isn't a clear number 1 or the team in the top spot has their star QB already. Not gonna be the case this year with the freaking Jets or Jags. If Cindy had the #1 obviously they would trade for a haul of picks because they already have Burrow. 

2016 the Browns’ starting QB was Cody Kessler and Wentz and Goff were the clear cut top two. The Browns obviously needed a QB but traded down with Philly much further and took Corey Coleman and Philly took Wentz #2. I’m not saying it’s likely, or even reasonable to hope. But it has happened and isn’t unfathomable. 

5 hours ago, SOJA said:

Look I really want Trevor too. But the amount of picks you'd have to trade would otherwise decimate your team. It's not like we're an amazing team that is only a QB away. We have a lot of holes otherwise. 

This is coming from someone that is 100% sold on QB in round 1

We challenge for the playoffs this year with a great QB. I can think off the top of my head 4 or 5 games that we should have won with someone not completely frightened behind center. We’re much closer than some here think. I honestly think this is a 30 PPG offense right now with Lawrence at QB.

Archived