• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical Trade for Deshaun Watson

Jeremy Igo

There’s no way they accept that but I’d offer it. Any QB we get in this class would be *lucky* to play at his level. He’s performed well even with trash around him, an awful coach/gm and an owner who has no idea what he’s doing. 

Give him DJ, Robbie, Curtis and CMC and we are in the playoffs every year and finally have back to back winning seasons the day he shows up to the stadium. 

3 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

that’s the same draft capital it would likely take to trade up and get wilson, and have him on a rookie deal for 5 years

But Wilson might be a bust. He might turn out okay. The odds he turns into anything as good as Watson are very slim. You can trade up for an idea or you can trade for the real thing. 

16 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Doesn't really matter either way.

Do you think if Watson waived a no trade clause, the team would suddenly become more agreeable to trading him?

It matters immensely in regards to the language of the contract, the player has all of the leverage.

In this particular situation it probably won't matter, I do agree with you that there is little chance the Texans do try to trade him, but the possibility is still there.

Just because you misspoke you don't have to discount it.

19 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the Texans get a good laugh out of that suggestion, given that they've already said it would take three firsts, three seconds and a player in order to even "start the conversation".

If they said that, I'd laugh at them. Watson's desire (or ire) may bring that price down a bit.

Personally seems like a reasonable trade for both sides, but only if Watson is so disgruntled that he is going to make a huge stink in Houston. Otherwise I don't see Houston going for it. From Carolina's side,  you weigh the upgrade from Teddy and the qb you might have available at 8 compared to the lost value of the extra 1st and 2nd round pick. From Houston's standpoint, you swap Watson for a cheap rookie qb with Teddy on as a cheapish 1 year bridge, restock the draft capital you desperately need and go full on rebuild mode. But again you'd only do it as Houston if Watson basically demands a trade.

19 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the Texans get a good laugh out of that suggestion, given that they've already said it would take three firsts, three seconds and a player in order to even "start the conversation".

Coach speak.

Archived