• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

for those that don't like Lance

AU-panther

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

This is why you don’t win meaningless games at the end of the season in the middle of a rebuild we you need a QB. 

You have to come out of this draft with 

Lance, Fields, or Wilson. Although I have questions about Fields and Wilson. 

It’s also why if you are going to rebuild, rebuild. 

you don’t keep the old GM, allow three contracts that were not necessary or bring in a QB1 who all knew was not the answer except  Joe Brady 

gotta be honest, the same guys who brought in Bridgewater are evaluating a new QB1....a bit frightening and whose to say if Brady leaves, it will be the same offense 

still a mystery why that contract wasn’t at least two years with a non compete within the nfc south 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

This may catch a lot of flak, but I could see Lance going back to the #3 QB on draft boards. He’s run a pro offense, has a hell of an arm, and can run the ball at a very high level. 

The only question is the lack of competition that he had to face in the FCS. I for one prefer Lance over Fields. 

Mcshay seems to as well. He and Kiper said fields would benefit from another year and would then come out as "the man." Said he still struggles with reading Ds and going through progressions, which has been talked about for some time. Said it was extremely apparent vs northwestern when Olave didnt play

6 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Mcshay seems to as well. He and Kiper said fields would benefit from another year and would then come out as "the man." Said he still struggles with reading Ds and going through progressions, which has been talked about for some time. Said it was extremely apparent vs northwestern when Olave didnt play

That was the one Ohio State game that I could catch and he played like dog poo. I think the Alabama defense overwhelmed him at times when the bombs downfield weren't open. I could be wrong, but that's just my feeling on the young man. 

I don't know what scenario would allow it to happen, but I'd love to trade back and take Trask later in the first.  I was initially luke warm on Trask, but the more I watch his tape the more I like him.  Great feet, good ball placement, fits it into tight windows and has an NFL arm.  Not a great runner, but enough to escape.  He sometimes hold the ball a little long, but it's often because his eyes are downfield, so I can live with that.  Did it at a very high level of competition.

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

Trade back, load up on linemen (tackle, guard, center.. all of them). grab a corner, draft Desmond Ridder and have him sit a year behind teddy. 

Moton sign. Samuel walks. paradis gone. Kk gone. Boston gone. And after the next year Teddy, peace. 

Not a bad plan except the part where Ridder returning to school throws a bit of a wrench in it. Thought he could have been a late steal as well.

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

This is why you don’t win meaningless games at the end of the season in the middle of a rebuild we you need a QB. 

You have to come out of this draft with 

Lance, Fields, or Wilson. Although I have questions about Fields and Wilson. 

Well Ron decided to out throw us in that game. He wanted that L more than we did.

3 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I am psyched to get Lance at 8, but this draft could go many ways. I also am of the opinion that if we move up, 5 is where we need to get to.

If we stand pat and don't get a QB at 8, I'm all for sending our 3rd rounder to NY for Darnold. Take Farley or Surtain II at 8 and an OT in round 2. 

I like that, someone who actually has an idea and not afraid to put their name on it.

Archived