• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Tua an option? Appears to be trouble in paradise...

SizzleBuzz

15 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I saw the Dolphins play three times and he was horrible to bad in each game. I hoped that Grier's (Dolphins GM) declaration that Tua was their starting would mean that they would not draft a QB in the upcoming draft. However, I am still not completely convinced that the Dolphins will not draft a QB in the first round. I am guessing that Grier was responsible for the pick . Tua was that bad. 

I agree and basically said the same thing a week ago. 

Miami has a decent team and the only reason they have the 3rd pick is because of Houston. They’re most likely not going to be picking this high again anytime soon. This team should’ve been in the playoffs. Tua was really bad against Denver who was very beatable.

The Cardinals took Kyler after taking Rosen the year before. Time and time again we see organizations unwilling to admit to mistakes and it just hurts them in the long run. The Cardinals immediately admitted to theirs and it seems to have paid off. 

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if Miami takes a QB. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Watson ultimately ends up in Miami either. They have the draft capital to pull it off.

15 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if Miami takes a QB. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Watson ultimately ends up in Miami either. They have the draft capital to pull it off.

That outcome seems FAR more likely that anything that has Watson ending up in Carolina, but even Miami is still unlikely.  Watson is a legit, franchise QB.  People forget how long it took the Texans to dig one up.  ONE.

18 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That outcome seems FAR more likely that anything that has Watson ending up in Carolina, but even Miami is still unlikely.  Watson is a legit, franchise QB.  People forget how long it took the Texans to dig one up.  ONE.

I agree, I don't think our pick does anything for the Texans.  For them to even consider moving Watson I think they would have to get a young QB with potential.  Miami can offer Tua and/or whoever is drafted at 3.  Jets could offer QB2.

I don't see the Texans wanting Teddy and some non-QB with our first pick.

If a rookie doesnt play like prime Tom Brady/Pat Malhomes hes pure trash, hate this is way of thinking now. 

The problem here is coaching, Tua should have not seen the field this year. Hes was coming off a big injury and dealing with convid BS too. Fitz was playing great and got the hook, big mistake. Fitz is the NFL best all-time backup, once he enters the game and bulldozers a LB for a 34 yards TD run..... The team is his now and hes the GOAT of doing this. 

Giving Tua a familiar weapon like Smith at 3 or even more protection with Sewell would do wonders for them. They also have another pick in the late teens I believe. Though Sewell is Samoan and Tua is from a different locale, Hawai'i, I'm sure a deep family-like bond could form between them too. 

Tua was never going to show out in year 1. Give him time to heal fully and digest year one in the league. He might not be a world-beater, but I think he will be a franchise QB for Miami.

Archived