• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to hire Scott Fitterer as GM

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Zod said:

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Truth is none of us or anyone else has any idea at this point. 

We will have a much better idea one year from now. 

I just don’t like the idea of hiring someone just for the shits and gigs of having a gm if Rhule is ultimately the guy. And I still don’t trust Rhule. 

26 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Hope it works out well for us.

Gonna suck big time if Rivera and Hurney get to the Super Bowl together before we do. Ron already hit the playoffs before we did... thanks to the epic NFCEast collapse.

Marty hasn't actually been asked to interview yet. They have four other candidates for GM so far.

Prior speculation that he might have a role other than GM there is looking very possible for the moment.

(also conceivable that he has no role at all)

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

so that is all you have?  Rhule has won poo.  He took a team with 25% of its cap in dead money--a team with a bare bones defense and no QB or OL. 

He won 5 games-

No--they don't give rings for that, but I was comparing style--not records.  Rhule has 16 games, no preseason or camp under his belt. He played about 6 undrafted rookies on Defense--

So his claim to fame is that he paid a QB 60 million to win the same amount of games that got the last coach fired?

17 minutes ago, WestPanthers said:

Personally not very impress with the drafted he did in Seattle. But just trust the process and we'll find out after 3 years.

imagine the bills not hiring Beane because they didn’t like the way gettleman drafted

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I just don’t like the idea of hiring someone just for the shits and gigs of having a gm if Rhule is ultimately the guy. And I still don’t trust Rhule. 

Rhule campaigned for someone who is considered a scouting star and the team said "nah you got this, Belichick does it"

16 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Never heard of him...probably a good thing

somebody check the Seahawks boards and see if they are pissed about losing him

I looked at seahawks.net and reddit. It didn't seem to be leaving much of an impression. People are happy for him, but mostly wondering if they get a comp pick for him and then sad they don't. Nobody is happy to see him leave, nothing about regretting seeing him go. 

Archived