• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to hire Scott Fitterer as GM

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Charlotte_Sports_Hub said:

This is what really concerns me. 

According to this, the Seahawks have been 10th in drafting efficiency over the last 5 years, right next to the highly touted Saints and Ravens. So top 3rd of the NFL in drafting is still pretty good I think.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/nfl-drafting-efficiency-2010-2019

Seahawks-Draft-efficiency.png

For the people that are complaining about Seattle's drafting, he was also not the guy making the picks. 

Im sure a big part of this interview was him showing his scouting reports on other players... either way, I trust the direction of the team. Tepper has not picked wrong yet. 

"Fitterer’s background has been more in college scouting. His input helps Seahawks GM John Schneider determine the team’s ratings of college draft prospects. That has helped Schneider have enough of a feel for the draft board to make several trades down, which has allowed the Seahawks to average more than 10 draft choices a year." - https://sports.mynorthwest.com/302131/clayton-10/

15 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Not really excited. Super happy to have Marty officially gone with no possibility of parole but this one is underwhelming a bit.

At least without Ireland and Peters and Dodds (not sure about others), you felt like they had done some good drafting lately and not just with early 1st rounders.

Seattle’s drafts the last 5 years have been poo.

This is wrong and we have an entire thread showing that the Seahawks were the best in the last 10 years and 5 years at drafting compared to everyone else in the top 4 

Archived