• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Football Team finalizing deal with Marty Hurney

Zod

1 minute ago, LelouchBritannia said:

Y’all gonna have a fit when they succeed. Say what you want about Hurney but the guy NEVER missed in the first round....can’t say that about our current GM. Not hitting with our high draft pick can set us back years. Only time will tell what our future looks like.

Our current GM has never made a bad draft pick for the Panthers.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Hurney getting a job is simultaneously mind blowing and yet entirely expected that WFT hired him. It’s hilarious how we have two Carolina North’s now, far north of us the Bills poached our good coach and GM candidate and close north of us Washington took our castoffs. 

We were always a Jekyll and Hyde organization. Capable of brief glimpses of greatness but also capable of atrociousness spurred on by idiotic decisions. The Bills and WFT are going to let us see both side of that bipolar former organization play itself out.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Never felt that Marty was as bad in 2.0 as many here thought. I think he made some terrible decisions in 1.0 mainly over paying contracts.but I’ve understood most of his moves since he started as 2.0 and thought he’s done a decent job.

I know letting Bradberry walk and over paying Shaq looks terrible but honestly I didn’t want and still don’t want us paying too money for a luxury position CB’s are Luxuries. I think Shaq was just in the right place at the right time. If we didn’t resign him we were screwed more than we already were at LBer.

I put the blame of bridgewater on Rhule, him collecting all his old college players and buddy coaches is a huge mistake and red flag to me. If anything I think it illustrated the fact that Rhule is in over his head. 

Rhule is our coach now so I will wish him the best and success, and just hope I’m proven wrong later. 

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LelouchBritannia said:

Y’all gonna have a fit when they succeed. Say what you want about Hurney but the guy NEVER missed in the first round....can’t say that about our current GM. Not hitting with our high draft pick can set us back years. Only time will tell what our future looks like.

Missing on literally everything else other than 1st round picks clearly sets us back for years too.

• Pie 4

We always sucked on FA because Jerry Richardson was cheap as hell, not saying Hurney was great after first rd but might see him do ok in Washington. I’m hoping Fitterer will do great here, but don’t have high hopes with Tepper being involved so much. Hurney wasn’t the answer either, what I’m saying is let’s hope it gets better lol!