• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper Speaks - Throws shade on Teddy?

Zod

11 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I don’t know if you’re familiar with John Ellis on Twitter but he’s said something similar. He was posting highlights of Watson’s career and someone asked if he knew something. He the mentioned he had a source that said this situation is something worth monitoring. He’s not going to lie, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen either. I don’t think this is just some fan made speculation. 

Yeah, Zod just said that the decision makers in the organization want Watson as much or more than we do here, so I’m optimistic that we will at least give it the old Panthers try.

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 1

36 minutes ago, joemac said:

That’s crap though. I’m sure he was asked very pointed questions about what his vision of the QB position is during his interviews. He wasn’t hired without him and Rhule and Tepper being on the same page regarding the most important position on the team. There has got to be a plan, or at least a unified vision of what to do moving forward.

Disagree. You gotta remember that up until just a short time ago, and basically up until he signed his contract with us, he was employed by another team.

He's going to be moving himself anf his whole family clear across the country while getting acclimated to a new job. It's a lot to do.

Plus, given that free agency doesn't start for a while yet, there's time.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Reading between the lines this interview confirms what I thought - that a couple of candidates wanted a traditional GM role and were ruled out / ruled themselves out (Dodds/ Paton).

Sounds like Fitterer sold Tepper on his experience in working under a similar model - albeit not quite the same (yet).

I do wonder if Tepper also brought in a guy that Rhule wasn't familiar with because he didn't want Rhule to get too comfortable - especially in that three-way power structure. 

I heard there was tension in the room during the interview and that Tepper liked that.

Tepper is no idiot. He needs people that will give it to him straight and aren't afraid of disagreement/conflict as long as it can be productive.

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Tepper speaks on the record about the GM and also comments on QB 

Notice the line "it doesn't hurt to have a QB that can take you there" referencing the Superbowl.

Doesn't take much to read between the lines here.

We getting a QB, ladies and gents.

The concerning part is that anyone in the Panthers org thought they WERE getting something 

sweet baby Jesus, everyone knew this 

well...except a few optimistic, desperate souls

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's going to be moving himself anf his whole family clear across the country while getting acclimated to a new job.

No he's not. 

His new NFL job requires 100% immersion from the get go...

...his wife/family combined with the moving company will be handling the "moving" part   

4 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I mean they wanted him, signed him, paid him, and cut Cam for him so the egg is on their face. Not like they inherited Teddy, they went out and got him. 

you need to be able to take risks and then admit when you were wrong, that's what they're doing now. I like that in any situation in life.

one thing is for sure though, they weren't wrong about Cam. all love, but good night sweet prince...

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, GOAT said:

you need to be able to take risks and then admit when you were wrong, that's what they're doing now. I like that in any situation in life.

one thing is for sure though, they weren't wrong about Cam. all love, but good night sweet prince...

Eh Cam had better production than Teddy with less weapons and nearly identical to TB with less as well. A lot more than Cam going on in NE