• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jameis Winston starting in NO next year?????

kungfoodude

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yes..they said this during the Saints last game. Payton said that he believes that Jamis will be the starter next year. I posted it in the game thread but apparently no one else heard them say that.

12 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

Yes..they said this during the Saints last game. Payton said that he believes that Jamis will be the starter next year. I posted it in the game thread but apparently no one else heard them say that.

Yeah...but I thought it was BS then. I mean......if he is your starter....why didn't you play him when Brees went down????

Is this genius or madness?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

The odd thing is that he is a free agent. I just don't see how this benefits them to make this statement.

He was asked about their QB situation if Brees doesn't return. His answer mostly involves what he's liked about what he's seen from Winston. He also mentioned that he's a FA. I'd assume from that, they plan to resign him. Which isn't a terrible idea. He's cheap and has a year in their system. 

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If they can get him on the cheap and fix his decision making on some of those long throws, he could be a steal. I was kind of hoping we could get him here if we couldn’t get one of our desired QBs in the draft.

He will always be available "on the cheap".

The guy is a complete dumbass --- his "decision making" prowess (or lack thereof) is irreparable.

Yea I don’t think his issues are coachable...not so strong in the decision making and constant INTs his entire career. How do you even throw 30 INTs in a season?

Yea, it’s Brady but the fact they literally replaced him with Brady and now they’re in their super bowl tells me a lot. That’s has always been a talented team.

Regardless...do I see Winston getting a team to a super bowl? No. I think he’s an OK QB but late Cam and TB has this board falling in love with any QB who can sling it without caring about anything else.

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Yea I don’t think his issues are coachable...not so strong in the decision making and constant INTs his entire career. How do you even throw 30 INTs in a season?

Yea, it’s Brady but the fact they literally replaced him with Brady and now they’re in their super bowl tells me a lot. That’s has always been a talented team.

Regardless...do I see Winston getting a team to a super bowl? No. I think he’s an OK QB but late Cam and TB has this board falling in love with any QB who can sling it without caring about anything else.

Brett Favre had a 29 INT season. Peyton Manning had a 28 INT season.