• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles receiving calls about Carson Wentz

NAS

16 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

If we could trade Teddy for Wentz and we get a couple picks behind it that we can use to package up with #8 and move up, this is an absolute no brainer

We're not in a position to take on a $25m a year salary and eat the cap hit of trading Bridgewater.

We're struggling to resign Moton as it is.

• Pie 2

Nope.

If we are going to roll the dice on a 28 year old mediocre QB, why trade for one when we already have that on the roster. 

Wentz, Jimmy G, Trubisky, Winston, Carr..... all are in the same boat for us. None move the needle anymore than Teddy.

Judging by our aggressiveness, it’s either moving up in the draft to get our QB on a rookie deal or emptying the cupboards for Watson.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

How exactly is he a much better QB? Cause he puts up a ton of garbage time numbers? Or when he beats terrible teams?

Wentz has an inexcusably bad 2020 season, but outside of that he’s clearly better than Stafford. You put Stafford in that 2019 Eagles team and they don’t win 5 games much less make the playoffs.

I mean, I can't help you see talent and ability. Not within my powers. There is a reason we wanted him badly and many other teams inquired.

Edited by kungfoodude

40 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Nope.

If we are going to roll the dice on a 28 year old mediocre QB, why trade for one when we already have that on the roster. 

Wentz, Jimmy G, Trubisky, Winston, Carr..... all are in the same boat for us. None move the needle anymore than Teddy.

Judging by our aggressiveness, it’s either moving up in the draft to get our QB on a rookie deal or emptying the cupboards for Watson.

That is a confusing list of QB's to equate to Teddy. Bridgewater is a backup QB while some of those guys you mentioned are NFL starters.

53 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, I can't help you see talent and ability. Not within my powers. There is a reason we wanted him badly and many other teams inquired.

Yep I see talent one guy has led his team to the playoffs numerous times while being an mvp favorite, the other guy not so much

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember watching a game of his a couple years back and thinking "this guy is gonna be the best quarterback in the league".

Hasn't turned out that way since.

Same...I told a buddy of mine who is a Eagles fan...you guys got a good one...wish we had that!!  That was before his injury..and the rest has been history