• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson Update

Calboyz13

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd prefer it be for three 1sts straight up, but all the talk has been that the Texans wants picks and a player(s). If that's the case, I'd rather it be CMC than someone like Burns simply due to positional value. I'd rather it be CMC than someone like Chinn simply due to the reality that Chinn still has three years left on a cheap rookie contract. I'd rather it be CMC than someone like Moore again due to positional value. What I will say though is that if CMC is part of the deal then IMO re-signing Samuel becomes borderline critical. Samuel filled in for CMC in a lot of ways last year.

I couldn't bring myself to do it.  In terms of players, I would give them Shaq Thompson, Teddy (just to have an experienced QB going into the season), and Donte Jackson (if we can convince them he has potential).  I would definitely keep those young defensive guys and Moore.  Ultimately, they would have to be satisfied with the 1st rounders.

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

2 1st and CMC max. Poor CMC, he should move to WR so he can prolong his career. 

Screenshot_20210210-124336_Twitter[1].jpg

I mean we were in the Superbowl and could have won with expensive RBs if not for Shula but we would be the outlier and this is a good chart for what it is.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I respect that, but some folks are using the loose details and beliefs you're talking about as if they were firm information. And this despite that you've also acknowledged Houston might not trade him.

verge is 1000000x more plugged in than you, take a seat

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

As much as I like CMC our backup showed and proved yet again that we need to stop fuging paying RBs lol. Just use 1 mil contract guys like the rest of the leagues best teams. Trade those 3 firsts and CMC and call it a day. Throw in TB and Shaq and Boston too for good measure.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

I mean we were in the Superbowl and could have won with expensive RBs if not for Shula but we would be the outlier and this is a good chart for what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be the outlier. It does show the reality of the NFL though, that's a pattern that would require us as is to be an outlier. If anything you can say that CMC is such a receiving threat that he can be an outlier. I still hands down would rather see CMC as a Samuels type WR over RB while having a power back or rookie contract RB any day.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, BigAggieLean. said:

I want to keep our 2nd rd pick, though. Need to upgrade the OL

right, that's why attaching CMC makes so much sense.

dump his contract

give the texans some starpower to keep asses in seats

save some picks we can put into fixing the line

• Pie 2