• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson or not, this feeling is nice!

top dawg

I don't feel any different than I did watching this team blunder their way into 3 straight miserable seasons. The Panthers have won the offseason many, many times. Hurney made tons of moves that looked great before the games started being played.

That feeling will change if they start winning again this fall.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I don't feel any different than I did watching this team blunder their way into 3 straight miserable seasons. The Panthers have won the offseason many, many times. Hurney made tons of moves that looked great before the games started being played.

That feeling will change if they start winning again this fall.

Was last season really "miserable"? I'd say that we were supposed to be dead in the water, but showed enough signs of life that we'll be as good as new--even better--by no later than 2023.

In the fall, what are realistic expectations for winning? What is the W-L threshold that will make you feel that the season isn't "miserable"?

I don't believe anyone can really answer that question right now. But I'll take a win in the offseason. Unlike some apparently, I can't say that we've ever won an offseason! Last offseason may have been the closest to it. I do know that it's going to take winning more offseasons to get more wins during the regular season--and having two consecutive winning seasons--and ultimately championship seasons.

Agree with OP. But last year was the most miserable Panthers season for me ever. Worse than ‘10. Worse than ‘01.  Even though this year’s team was better, it was miserable going out there watching Teddy bumble away what could have been a decent year. I was much less down on this team than most, and the fact we were able to win 5 games with Teddy as our QB proves why. With a decent QB last year would have been around 9 wins. Maybe even one or two more. Teddy shat away 8 possible wins. And that’s why it was more miserable to me. At least those other two years it was a matter of overall talent and coaching deficiency. No matter who we get at QB this year, whether a rookie or Watson or someone out of left field like Dak, and no matter if we go 2-14 or something like that, it will be less miserable than this past year. 

• Flames 1

We have approximately 20 starting roster spots to fill and about with 22 rotational. We safely can say maybe 3 of those are on the roster already unless certain people really step up their game(IE: Greg Little). We have 35~ in cap space. - 9 for rookies but add on maybe 3 more for drafted starters? So about 26 million to fill 14-16 starting/rotational/key backup spots.

• Beer 1

This past football year was pretty fun. Its nice when all you're looking for is progress and you get surprised with more progress then you expected.

I'll tell you whats different. KK would still be getting paid right now, Boston would still be here and we would be signing declining vets to band aid the secondary if our old regime was still in charge.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Hurney might have given Boston a fugin raise lol

I've never seen this team try to go after a Stafford or clearly be in the mix for someone like Watson.

Yeah, its common sense moves we've all been wanting every offseason, but we've had coaches and FO staff with inflated egos that kept us from doing so. We should be looking to free up space every offseason and at least trying to go after players that could help the team tremendously instead of sticking with a failed plan and keeping coach's favorites on the team like Rivera did.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2