• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis released

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

One of these toughest players, much less Lb’s to ever play the game. I will never forget his return from 3 ACL tears. The guts he showed to play in the super bowl with a broken arm will live in the hearts of panther fans forever. 

FE473A49-180C-43F0-B1A2-E5B96FECFE14.jpeg

Holy poo I had completely forgotten about that.  Damn that looks nasty

• Beer 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Corbett is an above average lineman and apparently really smart.  He has the second highest cap hit on the team and cutting him would be even more expensive.  I'd rather the guy play center than sit on his ass on the bench while we trot out some 5th rounder. We have a lot to fix and it wasn't going to happen in one season.  I believe we are markedly better than last year but very thin/raw.  If everyone stays healthy, this could be an interesting year - maybe 5-6 wins and some close competitive losses.  
    • We have a former starter now serving as a backup for the middle three positions, and probably the third string T on both sides (BC).  We are still developing Zavala and I hope Mays shows some growth.  Zavala started at times in 2023, as did Mays.  We added two guards that flipped us from abysmal to elite at G.  We added a swing T that could start on many teams.  The idea is to work Ekwonu hard on his mechanics.   With the two stud guards beside him, Corbett can call blocking schemes (he is smart, working beside the C for some time) to offset stunts and blitzes he sees presnap.  Your point?  Based on what we know, it makes no sense--based on what they know, it seems to make perfect sense.  I mean, you have 2 guards that started in the NFL for extended periods transitioning to center.  It is not like you are moving a rookie G to center--and the TB Bucs will do that with Barton, the T they drafted from Duke. Maybe this is NOT the ideal situation, but they feel good enough about it not to address it in the draft.  Since OL was a priority, it makes no sense to draft a RB when you don't have a center.  It means to me that RB was a bigger need than C--because Frazier was on the board at 46 (He was picked by the Steelers at 51).  So back to the OL--Ekwonu will improve under the new coaching--Campen sucked footballs (literally--he really kissed footballs), the guards went from terrible to elite, the C is manned by 2 former starters, and Moton anchors the right side.  Depth?  BC can play any position, but probably will be left to backup G and C.  Nijman is an average OT by NFL standards (61 PFF) and he is a swing T.  Behind them, Mays and Zavala are young and could use some development--I see why they are not adding a player, but the C they picked up in UDFA is likely to be signed to the PS and he could compete when ready.
    • I mean, didn't Les Snead walk around with that "fug those picks" shirt after their Super Bowl?🤣