• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriot fans seem excited that Cams back

mrcompletely11

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know. Adam Schefter and Tom Pelissero both said this move doesn't necessarily preclude the Patriots from adding another quarterback, so who knows?

It's low pay for a starter, but pretty high pay for a backup. Last year's highest backup salary was apparently about 16 million for Alex Smith.

Josh Klein said Newton will be making less than Taysom Hill this year. I didn't remember Hill making that much.

Yeah the Saints pay Hill 16 mil a year LOL.  No wonder they're in Salary Cap Hell....

Edited by joemac

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's interesting how the never-Cammers always accuse the Cam fans of trying to "make everything about Cam" and then make threads like this...

Just wait.

There’ll be 2 specific posters who always complained about Cam topics, and how there were too many, that will be in here. Theyre in every Cam thread.

Anyways, good for Cam. I’m rooting for him. 

• Pie 1

If I was Cam I rather be a back up in a place like Denver, where they actually have weapons and you know Lock is on a short leash. Is gonna take more than one offseason for NE to fill their giants holes on offense, no WR, no TE and now their o-line is leaving 

35 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Its so sad that we give him no weapons while he's here and then shower teddy b with Moore, Samuel, and Anderson.. Then cam goes up to the patriots where their WRs were even worse than our scrubs

Uhhhh....you realize Moore, CMC, and Samuel were here for years with Cam right?

and they ended up having better years under Kyle Allen and Teddy Bridgewater than they ever did with Cam.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Cam used to be able to effortlessly flick the ball 60 yards downfield off his back foot. Now he looks like the ball weighs 50 lbs when throwing. It makes him second guess his decisions and hold on to the ball too long because he doesn’t trust he can get it there consistently. This is obvious.

I think Patriots will draft a QB or sign another capable backup as a contingency plan.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

On GMFB, they did mention his arm or lack thereof. Schrager did say that his arm looks shot. For Cam's sake, I hope that's not true. He's worked hard to get that shoulder right!

The latter part of the season is where the big test will be.

Have said before: It's a lot easier to look good in Week Two than it is in  Week Twelve.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gantt said the same.

Honestly though, I think the bigger question applies to Belichick.

Last season had folks asking whether Belichick's greatness was really due to Brady.

Regardless of what happens with Newton, if the Patriots struggle again this year, those questions are gonna get louder.

Well, the "smartest coach in the NHL" is also a very questionable GM at times, so it might not tell us what he thinks it tells us...

16 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Uhhhh....you realize Moore, CMC, and Samuel were here for years with Cam right?

and they ended up having better years under Kyle Allen and Teddy Bridgewater than they ever did with Cam.

Cam never had a fully healthy year with DJ Moore. The 1 year he had with McC and Samuel, both barely played because Rivera

• Pie 1