• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears sign Dalton, Texans sign Tyrod

RumHam

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Sure.

Yep Watson will look at that and say “awesome! Taylor is gonna help this team get back on the right track while sitting on the bench behind me, now I’ll come back to the team and play!”

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

I know ppl holdout, but most of the time they don’t come out and request a trade, meet with the new coach and say no matter what you do I will not play for you etc. I don’t think Houston trades him, I was just curious. 

I don't think we see any movement from Watson this offseason unless the Texans literally get the bank, with that probably would come a place Watson may not want to go to. I think if he really doesn't want to play we'll see him hold out this season on his low contract numbers and the Texan's reassess from there. They have plenty of wiggle room this year with his number being so low. Next season is when it hurts them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, The Lobo said:

I know ppl holdout, but most of the time they don’t come out and request a trade, meet with the new coach and say no matter what you do I will not play for you etc. I don’t think Houston trades him, I was just curious. 

NFL history has plenty of ugly holdout and/or trade request stories. I think the most recent one is probably Earl Thomas. That ended with him being carted off the field while flipping off the fans.

Has there been one with a franchise quarterback before though? Not sure.

Closest thing I can think of to that was when Elway and Manning said they wouldn't play for the teams that were planning to draft them. That's not really the same though given that at the time they were still just highly regarded prospects and there wasn't a signed contract involved.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I am NOT watching another Panthers game with Teddy as QB

I don't care who it is, I want anyone other than him. Just straight up getting the poo kicked out of us every game would have been easier to to take than being in the majority of the games and then seeing Teddy checkdown the game away.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I'm sorry, I'll admit that I'm a naturally positive person and  bit of a Homer and I do try to recognize that not everyone is the same. I was also raised not to give up, quit, or whine. I guess I'm just becoming an old man but I swear it just seems to me that people have zero faith in anything and only want something if it's shiny and easy. Last season this team played WAY better than I expected and really played hard. I was proud of that team even if we were 5-11. I'm excited about next season no matter what happens between now and then because they proved to me that I should be. As long as they never quit, I'll never quit on them. I mean really, we're the Panthers aren't we? What's our motto? Keep Pounding? That doesn't mean anything when it's easy. It's value comes from the will to fight on no matter the situation. That's what Keep Pounding is all about. It's in memory of Sam Mills. He never quit, kept fighting and always believed. I think we as Panthers fans need to remember our motto and what it means. KEEP POUNDING! 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Strongest sign yet that Watson is being traded. $12.5M for a pure backup? Nah. He's a stop gap.

Agree.  This isn't to say WE end up with Watson, just that it looks like the Texans are looking to move on.  I still think the Jets make the most sense.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I'm sorry, I'll admit that I'm a naturally positive person and  bit of a Homer and I do try to recognize that not everyone is the same. I was also raised not to give up, quit, or whine. I guess I'm just becoming an old man but I swear it just seems to me that people have zero faith in anything and only want something if it's shiny and easy. Last season this team played WAY better than I expected and really played hard. I was proud of that team even if we were 5-11. I'm excited about next season no matter what happens between now and then because they proved to me that I should be. As long as they never quit, I'll never quit on them. I mean really, we're the Panthers aren't we? What's our motto? Keep Pounding? That doesn't mean anything when it's easy. It's value comes from the will to fight on no matter the situation. That's what Keep Pounding is all about. It's in memory of Sam Mills. He never quit, kept fighting and always believed. I think we as Panthers fans need to remember our motto and what it means. KEEP POUNDING! 

I cheered for the team last year, during all of 2001 and through fifteen seasons of Marty Hurney.

Kinda doubt I'm gonna stop now.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Agree.  This isn't to say WE end up with Watson, just that it looks like the Texans are looking to move on.  I still think the Jets make the most sense.

Yep. If the Jets want him they're in by far the best position to get him. I've been saying for awhile now that for us to get him, we basically need the Jets and Dolphins to bow out of the race due to the cost of the trade and/or they're sold on other options whether those other options are QBs in the draft or QBs currently on their roster. Our hope resides on the fact that this is a strong QB draft class and the Dolphins have a guy on the roster they drafted #3 overall just a year ago.

• Pie 1

Considering the cost if I am the Jets or Miami I don't pay that price for Watson.  I just don’t.  They spent multiple years getting all these picks to trade them away?  I like Watson but I am not taking on his contract and giving away the farm at this point.  The Jets can just take Wilson and Miami is in a great position with all these picks.  Both teams can have QBs on rookie deals and they are taking on that contract and losing all those picks?  Naw.

Edited by Shocker