• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

1 minute ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Team has zero depth. Has holes at LT, G, third WR, TE, DT, LB, CB, and S. Plus will create another hole from one of the 3 players I named. Watson missed the playoffs this past year with a better roster we would put together around him. 

amazes me how Tepper preached patience after cutting cam, but now we have a pretty awful roster and wants to move heaven and earth to get this guy. Wont complain about getting a top 5 QB in the game, but just don’t think it’s the right move for this team right now.

Because mvp caliber quarterbacks don't grow on trees and aren't let go in their prime. This is a special situation 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

I doubt Brian Burns or Derrick Brown will be traded if that is what you are looking for. If I had to guess look for Shaq Thompson, CMC, Jeremy Chinn, Robby Anderson, or Donte Jackson to be in the mix. We don't have a ton of insight on the exact details, but it will be more pick heavy than anything.

Chinn????? No way. Best player on the defense?? He's the new QB of the defense, I'd be livid if they traded him for Watson. 

2 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Team has zero depth. Has holes at LT, G, third WR, TE, DT, LB, CB, and S. Plus will create another hole from one of the 3 players I named. Watson missed the playoffs this past year with a better roster we would put together around him. 

amazes me how Tepper preached patience after cutting cam, but now we have a pretty awful roster and wants to move heaven and earth to get this guy. Wont complain about getting a top 5 QB in the game, but just don’t think it’s the right move for this team right now.

You're just being negative in hopes of it coming across as pragmatic. This is a 25 year old franchise qb, rare situation and upside. Stop it

6 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Dr Tepper there are many good QBs in the draft, so don’t do anything stupid

Not all of the top four guys (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, and Lance) are going to pan out, and there's no guarantee they will be on the board still when we pick. That's pretty much a given.

So do you take your lottery ticket or do you pay a little extra for a proven player? If it was me, I'd put my money and draft picks into the proven player.

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

Because mvp caliber quarterbacks don't grow on trees and aren't let go in their prime. This is a special situation 

You are correct, but still need to put the pieces around them. This mvp caliber QB missed the playoffs this past year. Rodgers and Beees are top 12 at worst QBs of all time and have only won 1 super bowl. Don’t get me wrong, I would take “only” 1 super bowl, but my point is I think people are underestimating how truly god awful this roster is. Like bottom 5 in the league awful.

• Pie 1