• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Samuel to Washington

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Good for him to get paid, that said, I think this will hurt his career if anything in ron riveras system.

I can't see how it helps it. But with what he's getting paid I personally wouldn't mind wasting away on a roster somewhere for 3 years.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Shocker said:

5,137 crybaby posts in a row.  Quite an achievement 

Of course. If it was that simple, you would surely have no problem tearing my points to shreds. But since they are usually right, you stick to this cop out because you can’t refute my obviously biased posts. When someone of your limited knowledge falls back on that, I just take the compliment. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per Schefter

I don't think too many of us were expecting him back at this point, but still...

“Washington tried to trade for Samuel last season, a quest that started in the summer and lasted until the trade deadline, ESPN reported Tuesday. The person who blocked the move: Panthers general manager Marty Hurney, who now serves as Washington's senior vice president of player personnel.”

Hurney, the gift that keeps giving. fug you, Hurney. 

• Pie 1

People pissed about this Hurney decision to keep Curtis instead of trade him need to go back to last offseason and remember what Curtis was THEN.  Prior to 2020, the dude had 100 catches for 1200 yards . . . in his CAREER.  He was catching at a rate of 55%.

Curtis was not good at that point, he was potential.  I suspect we were offered something in the 4th round range for him.

I wish him only the best, but I'm glad we didn't feel a need to pay him that kind of money.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

People pissed about this Hurney decision to keep Curtis instead of trade him need to go back to last offseason and remember what Curtis was THEN.  Prior to 2020, the dude had 100 catches for 1200 yards . . . in his CAREER.  He was catching at a rate of 55%.

Curtis was not good at that point, he was potential.  I suspect we were offered something in the 4th round range for him.

I wish him only the best, but I'm glad we didn't feel a need to pay him that kind of money.

A 4th is probably more than the compensation pick will be.